GDT: Washington Capitals @ Calgary Flames, 19:00 MT (SN360)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JurassicTunga

it is what it is
Mar 21, 2010
Great game for the Flames. At both ends of the rink. very good effort and a deserved win. Bottom six looked good, so hopefully the scoring comes. baby steps, baby steps.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
200.webp

Top line top lining and Smith was real gud. No weak links tonight either. Kulak>>>>>>>>>Bartkowski

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Flames win.... they didn't collapse and give in, they played pretty much a full 60 minutes..... who are these guys and what have they done with the Calgary Flames.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Gaudreau - Monahan - Ferland
Tkachuk - Backlund - Frolik
Bennett - Jankowski - Jagr
Lazar - Stajan - Brouwer

Seems like the obvious play for next game if Jagr is good to go, but GG will probably reward Lazar for a good game with a seat in the pressbox.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
As good as we played, still no scoring from the bottom 6.

Though the Janko-Bennett pairing is really playing well and getting good chances, only a matter of time before they break through and then the floodgates should stay open. It would help if they actually got some ice-time though, 10-11 minutes a night for them isn't enough. Keep the 4th line to under 7 or 6 like they should be, not getting the same amount of ice-time as the 3rd.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
This was Kulak's first real "statement game" of the season. This is the kind of game that will keep him in the lineup.

Really strange to see how different Gulutzan's usage was tonight. Last game, he pretty much benched the third line all game, and then he leaned on them this game. Same with the third pairing.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
The flames have only won home games this season when I've been there, so I think in the best interest of the team everyone here should paypal me $50 and I'll go to the remaining 35 home games and we'll finish the season with a home record of 37-4. :naughty:

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
This was Kulak's first real "statement game" of the season. This is the kind of game that will keep him in the lineup.

Really strange to see how different Gulutzan's usage was tonight. Last game, he pretty much benched the third line all game, and then he leaned on them this game. Same with the third pairing.
Best game of his NHL career. Easily.

More games like that will mean, well, more games.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Best game of his NHL career. Easily.

More games like that will mean, well, more games.

I'd rather him playing one way or another over Bart.
On the low end Kulak is invisible. On the high end, he's playing like this.

Good game for the team. The offence is still driven by Johnny, but it's getting better. I liked the Bennett/Janko line, would love to see Jagr there.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
- not even close to being kulak's best game. The 2015 Vancouver game, three games in 2016 he played noticeably better.

- Frolik is kind of ghosting out there

- Generally speaking, I feel like my fear regarding Hamonic's TOI/gm was unfortunately spot on. Guluztan f***ed up it up. In general, line usage was still pretty bad tonight.

- Despite that, this was absolutely a great performance. Just GG's questionable decisions being bothersome (also, why is brouwer getting so much PP time, get over him FFS)

- I still like Ferland on that 1st line. Cool player.

- Please send Glass down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad