Washington All star candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Chang-Sang

Nov 28, 2002
Visit site
Kimmo Timonen 8-35-43

The unheralded Timonen is the leading defenceman scorer in the Eastern conference. He has also played solid two way hockey for the contending Capitals. He is a true #1 offensive defenceman on any team. Opinion is one thing but stats don't lie. Boston is pushing his perceived lack of defensive capabilities but on this I will leave you with two questions:

1. Since when has the all star game been about defence?
2. Since when has the word defence and Bryan McCabe been synonomous?

Glenn Murray 21-33-54

Murray is the second leading scoring RW in the Eastern conference behind Philadelphia's Todd Bertuzzi. Throw in a +12 plus/minus rating and you can clearly see that he gets it done at both ends of the rink. Combining the aforementioned with Murray's track record of years past, it should be academic that he makes this year's all-star team.

Vaive-Alive

Mar 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
Andrew Chang-Sang said:
Kimmo Timonen 8-35-43

The unheralded Timonen is the leading defenceman scorer in the Eastern conference. He has also played solid two way hockey for the contending Capitals. He is a true #1 offensive defenceman on any team. Opinion is one thing but stats don't lie. Boston is pushing his perceived lack of defensive capabilities but on this I will leave you with two questions:

1. Since when has the all star game been about defence?
2. Since when has the word defence and Bryan McCabe been synonomous?

Since this season's HFNHL started. Don't get me wrong Andrew - I think Timonen is a valuable player, but statistically, he is only ahead by a few points, and there is no comparison defensively. 0 vs. McCabe's +26. None the less, Timonen is a worthy challenger for the spot.

GM Kruegs

Andrew Chang-Sang

Nov 28, 2002
Visit site
No worries Kruegs....just trying to spark some friendly rivalry...

I, unfortunately, ended up a big Bruin supporter because we can't vote for our own players ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad