washing jerseys

Status
Not open for further replies.

dylan

Nov 30, 2005
ontario
i just got an ovechkin jersey with pro stitching on it and was wondering if it is safe to wash in the washer and dryer? i know if the name and # is pressed on the pressing will eventualy fall off but is it safe with the stitching?

Avery4Byng*

I never ever put a jersey in the dryer. hang dry it my friend.

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
Nothing will happen if you put it in the dryer but this next whitish stuff will appear on the jersey and wont look as good as pre washed. I just hand dry my jerseys.

MetalMilitia

Jan 8, 2005
So it is safe to wash it in the washing machine with cold water and detergent? But not a wise idea to dry it in a dryer :help:

BROADSTREETBULLY

Mar 21, 2002
jersey shore
Visit site
if the stink is getting to you( i collect gameworns,and some are PUTRID)...the best thing is to hit it with febreez and hang it outside in the summer or spring ALL DAY.....or if its really bad..throw it in the dryer on cool or low heat...with a fabric softener sheet thingy..not too long or too hot tho..

GWhale*

dylan said:
i just got an ovechkin jersey with pro stitching on it and was wondering if it is safe to wash in the washer and dryer? i know if the name and # is pressed on the pressing will eventualy fall off but is it safe with the stitching?

Since you posted this in the Rink section, I'm assuming you must play in it. I don't even machine dry my practice jerseys, since i'm afraid they'll shrink, so I wouldn't recommend it for a game jersey. Read the tags though, they should say how to care for it. I'd honestly wash it the bare minimum though, since you probably paid a fortune and want it to last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad