Was this the darkest day in Habs history?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
PC_090910gillett_molson_g.jpg

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
But I will say that when it comes to these boards I am finding them much more enjoyable. Instead of everyone pushing different agendas and attacking people it seems we have all conceded this team and everything to do with it is in a bad place. So with that alot more mutual hockey talk happens on these boards and I like it.

For example your thread last year would already have 3 responses saying "Oh here we go with the doom and gloom, it's not that bad, go be a fan of another team"

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
But I will say that when it comes to these boards I am finding them much more enjoyable. Instead of everyone pushing different agendas and attacking people it seems we have all conceded this team and everything to do with it is in a bad place. So with that alot more mutual hockey talk happens on these boards and I like it.

For example your thread last year would already have 3 responses saying "Oh here we go with the doom and gloom, it's not that bad, go be a fan of another team"
I've noticed this too. On a related note, how many MB supporters/apologists are left on this board? I think there are still 2 or 3 vocal ones; however they are now quite limited in what they can say, it's mostly restricted to excuses and the old wait and see mantra.

FlatIron

Sep 27, 2017
Montreal
Trading Roy has to be number one but trading PK is up there at number 2, truly a spit in the face of the fan base by Bergevin and Molson

PK trade still hurts but nothing beats the Roy trade. Here you go Colorado, while you are raping us, take our full of heart captain Mike Keane while you are at it. Bergevin should thank the Houle/Tremblay circus, for no one can top that $hit-show not even Bergevin.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
It's a really dark era in general.

If you mean post PK trade, then sure. 2009-2015 was a fun era that had 2 conference final appearances and great development of young players (subban/pacioretty/price). They were a contender in 2014 and 15 but got bit by the injury bug in 14 and bad luck in 15. What's happened since then is a complete joke, but the era in total hasn't been a loss.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
Trading Roy has to be number one but trading PK is up there at number 2, truly a spit in the face of the fan base by Bergevin and Molson
This x 1000. The Subban trade was my "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me" moment for the franchise. Until it's burned to the ground and properly rebuilt, it deserves nothing but mockery and scorn.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
Not sure what this is but the darkest day in Habs franchise history is the Richard Riot.
I'll add, since it's HF, AINEC
Fair enough.. perhaps the title should be rephrased "within our living memory" since most of us here didn't experience that in person.

Morenz's career ending injury and subsequent death might be right up there too.

Reactions: TRG and BVG

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

I was a huge Roy fan and that trade turned me off the sport of hockey, never mind the team. Took Saku to make me a fan again and had my heart ripped out again with PK. While I rated this as #2, I guess I was more mentally prepared than I was with Roy leaving town.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I was a huge Roy fan and that trade turned me off the sport of hockey, never mind the team. Took Saku to make me a fan again and had my heart ripped out again with PK. While I rated this as #2, I guess I was more mentally prepared than I was with Roy leaving town.

Everything from what happened that night with the coach and fans, to the return we got, and to the reality after the trade was made that we were headed down a very clear dark path makes that the worst in Canadiens history.

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
Darkest day for me was koivu’s cancer announcement, that went far beyond the game. Besides that though the Roy trade followed closely by the pk trade. It wasn’t necessarily that they were traded, just the fact that both trades were so lopsided in the other teams favour.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Richard riot and the Morenz and Vezina sagas too.

Joe Hall passing away and the series being cancelled.

My memory was the final game of the 1969-70 season when the Habs lost to the Hawks and missed the playoffs. (all they needed that night was a tie or ?3? goals scored and didn`t get either). It was the first time they had missed the playoffs since 1948, the only time in Jean Beliveau`s career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad