Was this hit INTENTIONAL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
yes.

No doubt in my mind that the skater knew he wanted to smoke the goalie, from the way he skated in, to the deke, etc.

Clint

Jul 14, 2003
No. Both feet were beginning to turn after he took the shot.

Great way to start intimidating goalies during shootouts though.

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
yes

The guy could've gone down after losing his balance but jumps at the goalie. I could expect such a thing from a kid or someone who's only been playing a year or two, but not from a competive level player. I think that the guy figured he was going to hit the goalie and decided to make the most of it.

Lupul*

At first I thought it was intentional.

Then I looked at it in slow motion, and I'm pretty sure it was accidental.

Canadian Chris

Feb 28, 2002
Nanaimo, BC
Visit site
I looked at it a few times, each time focussing on a different part of his body...whether it be his left skate, right skate upper body...yadda yadda yadda yadda...anyways, I don't think it's intentional...I know, I've played hockey for some 16 years now, and there's still times where you can catch an edge, especially if you're leaning too far in one direction, and you haven't set your feet...

My personal opinion is that he simply starts leaning too far forward, and catches an edge...

sucks to be the player because he's going to be branded as doing it on purpose, but I don't see how that was on purpose...totally accidental if you ask me

nni

Dec 29, 2005
to me it seemed a bit intentional.

on breakaways its easy to lose control, on a penalty shot, you are under a lot more control as noone is chasing you.

he did not have to go into the goalie OR lead with his shoulder. seemed like there was some intent to me.

Mxpunk

Jul 3, 2004
RPV, CA
Just as a follow-up...The player who hit the goalie was named as a 2nd Team All-Star for the PAC-8s. In the final game of the season, in which USC was already winning 4-1, he ran the same goalie, who was playing despite the injury, again. A brawl erupted. Now, it seems a bit more intentional...

dbbourn

Aug 22, 2005
New Jersey
Didn't look entirely intentional, but that was a real weak attempt at stopping. I guess you can argue that he just ran out of space, but at that level he should be able to avoid the goalie. I'm undecided ... I guess you would have to know how well that guy can skate to really know.

Looks like something I would do, but only because I'm so weak on that left foot.

jacklours

Mar 5, 2003
Magog
I don't know if it is intentional, however when he saw that he was gonna run the goalie over, he made sure to make the most of it. He ran him over with a high stick and his shoulder down

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
Joe Cole said:
...at best, he did not try to avoid him.

Agreed. It didn't look as if he went in thinking he would deck the goalie, but once he lost control he certainly didn't attempt to get out of the way of the goalie.

Brad Tolliver

Terror Goes Into
Feb 17, 2004
Overtime
It was 100% intentional. Even if you are losing your balance like that you first thought is to worry about the puck and not launching full force into the goalie. Hopefully that spoiled brat gets Bertuzzied soon because he doesn't not belong on a hockey rink.

The USC coach is a real piece of crap too. His bad skating excuse for the player makes no sense, because no way someone that skates that badly would have legitimately made an ACHA D2 team. Him blaming the goalie's positioning (which was proven false) just confirms that.

grapeshine

Dec 9, 2002
Visit site
It's really too difficult to say. That said, this guy seems suspiciously well cordinated for someone described as a "bad skater". How he managed to fall, duck the crossbar, elbow and cross check the goalie and land in the net is damn impressive. Perhaps I'm just oafish, but I think if I fell in that position my first instinct would be to close my eyes and grab at the crossbar.

AndersEriksson*

Hahahahaha he ran over the same goalie again after this? :biglaugh:

how very Kevin Sawyerish. color me impressed. he's not a bad skater he just likes to cuddle those big round goalies

dinner mints

Mar 20, 2006
Colorado
No. Just from personal experience, you might not realize how clse your getting while pulling a move and all that ****...if your heads down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->