Kings Article: Was LA Kings Head Coach Darryl Sutter Messin’ With The Media?

scryan

May 1, 2013
Jones kinda emphasis working hard and always being ready:
Jones said:
“I had to prepare, either way, so I was able to prepare for the start of the game,” said Jones. “You prepare the same way for every game. You have to be ready to play, all the time.”
“You can’t afford to come to a game unprepared,” added Jones. “These things happen, whether it’s coming in, halfway through a game, or a last-minute switch. You’ve got to prepare the same way for every game. You can’t afford to throw away points because you’re not prepared to play.”

Sutter says Scrivens didn't feel right
Sutter said:
Scrivens was a little dinged up and he didn’t feel right in warm-up

Scrivens says it wasn't his descision and he will leave it at that.
Scrivens said:
Whoever plays—that’s a coaches’ decision, so I’ll leave it at that
He has also said as long as he feels good physically he wants to be in net, but it wouldn't be fair to the guys for him to be in there if he wasn't 100%, while that was in regards to back to backs... The point is if he didn't feel right it would be his decision not the coaches...

So I wonder if Sutter was upset with his effort in practice, I could see Sutter pulling a "Whats the matter? You move like you must be hurt out there... If you need a rest I'll give you one" type of thing. Would also make sense that he would at that point make up his mind to bench scrivens, sent Jones off the ice to rest up for game, talked with scrivens then sent him off to continue his "rest"...

Obviously a **** ton of speculation... but that is all we probably ever get and nothing else makes as much sense as that too me?

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
I think Scrivens did something that sutter didnt like. Now was it a comment or action or something else who knows. Sutter is the coach and it comes to his decesion when it comes down to it you should do what the coach wants. This to me adds to my trade scriven while his value is at his highest . He is ufa and no way he resigns at a affordable rate. Althou you wouldnt do this to Quick is healed ocivously

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
Didn't Scrivens take a puck up around the collar bone a few games back at the end of a game that looked like it stung him? Am I just crazy?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad