Was it a mistake to trade for Bobby Ryan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
That is one of the most generic comments a player makes when it comes to these types of situations. I mean what do you really expect him to say?

Do what I do and not read that much into what Ryan says.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Just "pretty happy"?!

qSPQU.gif

edit: sarcasm and you know it

Last edited:

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
“It’s a tight-knit team, the organization has been great and (owner) Eugene (Melnyk) has been great to me. I know there is a stigma around it because it’s Northeast, it’s Ottawa and it’s cold. Once guys get here and realize what a first-class organization it is their feelings change. I can only speak for myself but it’s certainly an area I’d like to be in.â€

:huh:

He'd like to be in...if he 100% wanted to be here he would say:

"I'm going to me an Ottawa Senator for the rest of my career, barring a trade. It's just a question of dotting some "I's" and so on. If I don't remain a Senator it's certainly not from a lack of trying."

You can't leave wiggle in. Either you're in you're not.

Probably gets done by camp though. Probably.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I am honestly not worried. Everything that we have been hearing so far is that he has agreed to an extension. Benjiv1 has said that a deal is agreed. Even that cup06 guy on hockeybuzz says that a deal has been agreed to, but they are currenty working on fringe details at the moment.

Yes, they may be both be full of ****, but i am going to give them the benefit of the doubt here being that both of them has shown to be right before.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
He'd like to be in...if he 100% wanted to be here he would say:

"I'm going to me an Ottawa Senator for the rest of my career, barring a trade. It's just a question of dotting some "I's" and so on. If I don't remain a Senator it's certainly not from a lack of trying."

You can't leave wiggle in. Either you're in you're not.

Probably gets done by camp though. Probably.

:laugh: Talk about looking for reasons to push your narrative. It must be exhausting to insist on finding fault with this move when all indications thus far are positive.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I was there when Bobby Ryan was being interviewed. Had the reporter known a thing about Morse code, he would have realized that the entire time he was interviewing Bobby Ryan, Bobby Ryan was blinking the message "I am signing with the Flyers next year".

We better cut our losses and trade him for a pick.

Stassino

Oct 15, 2007
Ottawa, On
I was there when Bobby Ryan was being interviewed. Had the reporter known a thing about Morse code, he would have realized that the entire time he was interviewing Bobby Ryan, Bobby Ryan was blinking the message "I am signing with the Flyers next year".

We better cut our losses and trade him for a pick.

Meh.. Nice reactionary retort..

He wants to start a family. Ottawa is a PERFECT city to start a family, Philly is NOT..

Just sayin'

The Fuhr*

Krejci is making 7.1 a year... I think that sets the market for Ryan... Ones a center and ones a winger but I feel they are the same level of talent

Karlsson2Turris*

Krejci is making 7.1 a year... I think that sets the market for Ryan... Ones a center and ones a winger but I feel they are the same level of talent

IMO Ryan should get the same amount. Krejci is better defensively but Ryan's age will make up for those dollars.

vtm26

Oct 28, 2013

He wants to start a family. Ottawa is a PERFECT city to start a family, Philly is NOT..

Just sayin'
They all live in Philly suburbs in New Jersey anyway. It's boring and safe there too.

Dysentery

Ottawa Senators
Sep 14, 2011
New Brunswick
They all live in Philly suburbs in New Jersey anyway. It's boring and safe there too.

When Giroux starts a family, he wants them to be born on Canadian soil. Ottawa is his top destination. He also would like to experience playing in a Canadian market. It's basically a given in the future imo.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
When Giroux starts a family, he wants them to be born on Canadian soil. Ottawa is his top destination. He also would like to experience playing in a Canadian market. It's basically a given in the future imo.

Unless they changed citizenship or Giroux was born abroad himself his children will be Canadian no matter where they are born

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

Just sayin'

I know a guy who works at Subway and swears that Ryan comes in every day and orders a Philadelphia cheese steak. Apparently he always winks when he says Philadelphia as to insinuate everything he is saying in the media is fluff, and he is actually going to Philadelphia.

Also, after he pays, he usually says verbatim "I'd like two white chocolate macadamia cookies because I am signing with the Flyers in the 2015 off season".

I don't know what to believe.......

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I know a guy who works at Subway and swears that Ryan comes in every day and orders a Philadelphia cheese steak. Apparently he always winks when he says Philadelphia as to insinuate everything he is saying in the media is fluff, and he is actually going to Philadelphia.

Also, after he pays, he usually says verbatim "I'd like two white chocolate macadamia cookies because I am signing with the Flyers in the 2015 off season".

We dont sell Philly Cheese Steak subs at Subways in Ottawa, i have worked at 5 different subways and we never sold that.

Six Assets

Tim Stützle
Jun 29, 2013
Ottawa

Lol :laugh:

Inf4mous0ne

Jan 28, 2010
We dont sell Philly Cheese Steak subs at Subways in Ottawa, i have worked at 5 different subways and we never sold that.

He never said it was in Ottawa. I heard Ryan drives to Philadelphia for every meal because he can't stand to eat food that comes from Ottawa.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
When i read that "Right now I'm a sen, and I'm pretty happy" quote, it's pretty obvious that he really means that he wants a long term deal in Philly.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I think Krejci has a few things going for him; he's a center as you mentioned, and that tends to inflate percieved value a touch, he seen as far better defensivly, he's got a history of steping up big time in the playoffs, and finally he's been a much more productive player the last two years.

So while I would tend to agree they are in the same realm from a talent level perspective, Krejci to me has more bargaining power. Ryan's bagaining power all stems from our reluctance to lose him, and while that certainly is something, I'm not sure it's enough.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ryan come in anywhere from 6.5-7.5, depending on the length of the contract, but my guess is the team will try and use Karlsson's contract as a cap for what they want to pay, and try to bargain from that as a starting point. My thought is they'll move to 7mil on the grounds that it's the average remaining in Karlsson's contract, and be very reluctant to go passed that as it would upset the teams salary structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad