Was any Russian player injured?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
I didn´t see the game.

I just read here that US players were trying to injure Russian players throughout the game with intentional slashes to face etc. I want to know if any Russian was injured or will miss the final.

LoweDown

Jul 16, 2003
Visit site
I think Shirokov got a blow to facce and had some blood... But I think a few stiches would do and he'll probably play in the gold medal game..

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Oilers All the Way! said:
I think Shirokov got a blow to facce and had some blood... But I think a few stiches would do and he'll probably play in the gold medal game..

Thanks! That´s good to hear. I want a full and healthy Russian line up for the final.

Onion Boy

Jan 29, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Peter25 said:
Was any Russian player injured because of team USA:s dirty slashing plays? I hope not and we´ll see a healthy Russian lineup against Canada.

Gee, I don't know. Ovechkin looked like he had a broken nose after he got hit in the face by a U.S. player. He was down on the ice for a second and then after he got up he kept holding his nose. I seriously thought it might have been broken.

Then again, as soon as he saw a loose puck he jumped right into the play, took a one-timer, then went back to holding his nose.

Little POS.

Lobstertainment

Oh no, my brains.
Nov 26, 2003
Toronto
acctually sadly one of the Russian players injured his ear.

When he scored he had to cup his hand to hear the crowds reaction.

ryz

Dec 24, 2004
Canada
Peter25 said:
Was any Russian player injured because of team USA:s dirty slashing plays? I hope not and we´ll see a healthy Russian lineup against Canada.

Funny how Euro's whine about North Americans being dirty with their hitting and physical play and we say that Euros slash too much and do too much stick work, and now you have a Russian whinning about a NA team slashing too much. WTF is this? Silly Russians.

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
ryz said:
Funny how Euro's whine about North Americans being dirty with their hitting and physical play and we say that Euros slash too much and do too much stick work, and now you have a Russian whinning about a NA team slashing too much. WTF is this? Silly Russians.

What's more funny is how N-Americans whine about russians being cocky. Fans from both side over react big time about this game.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I'm not sure about Russian injuries, but Schremp is out indefinitely after taking an atomic leg drop from Shirokov.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Peter25 said:
I didn´t see the game.

I just read here that US players were trying to injure Russian players throughout the game with intentional slashes to face etc. I want to know if any Russian was injured or will miss the final.

Wtf? Intentional slashes to the face? Wow. Whoever started that rumor should be banned. A russian player took a pretty nasty stick the face but NO WAY it was intentional at all.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Though i DO remember after one of the Russian players scored to make it 5-2 I think it was...all the Russian player gathered at center ice and were like giving facewashes and stuff to the player who scored(dont ask me why) and that player ended up getting some medical attention from a cut lip or something...

Kamenski

Oct 20, 2004
rt said:
Few Russians might have caught a cold. They did get pretty wet from diving on to the ice the whole game.

Waaa . . . Waaa . . . Waaa !!! You got beat. Poor player selection, poor coaching and bad defence. Get over it.

pensfan04

Jan 3, 2005
North Dakota
It may or may not have been intentional. I saw it both ways. If it was accidental, it was caused by the collision when his armed MAY have whipped around.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
The slash on Malkin when he scored the EN was definitely intentional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad