Was always Wrestling a scripted show?

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I heard about the possible Williams/Austin feud before. Williams was a solid wrestler and a good hand to have on the roster but I really can't see him as a guy feuding for the WWF title during 1 of the top times for the company.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
I don't believe Holly's claim that Gunn's match against Butterbean was punishment for beating Williams. I think they just underestimated the fact that Butterbean was a legitimate trained boxer and Gunn wasn't. Apparently, Butterbean wanted to be on the WWE roster, and thought the WM match might get him a contract offer. Obviously, that didn't happen.

In the first round Steve Blackman easily defeated Marc Mero (who actually had boxing experience) just by repeatedly taking him down instead of punching with him. Blackman dropped out before the next round because of an injury, but had he stayed in he likely would've won the tournament, and bored everyone to death while doing it.

Ken Shamrock refused to enter it because he worked hard at getting the roster to trust that he would never shoot on them in the ring, and didn't want to jeopardize that.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
I heard about the possible Williams/Austin feud before. Williams was a solid wrestler and a good hand to have on the roster but I really can't see him as a guy feuding for the WWF title during 1 of the top times for the company.
Nobody saw Steve Austin as a headliner either when he joined WWF. It was thought that he might be I-C champ at best. Williams wasn't exactly Mr. Charisma, but their styles would've worked well together for some good matches, and you know Ross would have done his best to sell the fans on the feud.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad