warm up songs

Slick

Oct 17, 2005
Western Mass
I take it you mean personal preference?

Last season I used to listen to "Devotion and Desire" by Bayside before I went and played.

I'm a fan of "Black Betty" by Ramjam as well. They play it all the time during hockey games.

EmptyNetter

Jun 22, 2006
North Shore, MA
I always play "If You Want Blood (You Got It)" by AC/DC driving to my games. I'm not a badass but it gets me pumped to skate hard and fight for the puck. :yo:

mini-mite fan

Feb 4, 2005
MN, USA
start of warmups as everybody's first taking the ice and goalies are "diggin' in", here are a few of my favs (of course you have to get the arena guys to play them, and obviously you have to find the clean version of most of these for them to even consider it):

Cowboys from Hell - Pantera

The Thing that should not Be - Metallica

Fight Fire w/Fire - Metallica

Sickness - Disturbed

Bodies - Drowning Pool

When Worlds Collide - Powerman 5000

Before I forget - Slipknot

Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson

some are old school tunes, but classics & motivators. most of these songs build up from a quiet start then get hard core.:yo:

Muttley*

start of warmups as everybody's first taking the ice and goalies are "diggin' in", here are a few of my favs (of course you have to get the arena guys to play them, and obviously you have to find the clean version of most of these for them to even consider it):

Sickness - Disturbed

Bodies - Drowning Pool

some are old school tunes, but classics & motivators. most of these songs build up from a quiet start then get hard core.:yo:

Excellent selection :clap:

Heat McManus

Nov 27, 2003
Alexandria, VA
You're The Best (AROUND) - from The Karate Kid soundtrack

Gonna Fly Now - from Rocky

Training Montage - from Rocky IV

Do It in a Montage - from Team America

Higher and Higher - from Wet Hot American Summer

Eye of the Tiger - Survivor

I have two diffrent moods: beats and guitars.

If I want beats -

Electronaut - VNV Nation
Happiness (Re:Boot Remix) - Front 242
Swamp Thing - Juno Reactor
Joy - Cubanate
Confusion (Pump Panel Reconstruction Mix) - New Order
Epicentre - VNV Nation

If I want Guitar -

Soylent Green - Wumpscut
A Drug Against War - KMFDM
Buck Dich - Rammstein
Dragula/Living Dead Girl - Rob Zombie
Hang him Higher - Wumpscut
Du Hast - Rammstein

Or I'll just mix them all together. :yo:

Reckless Abandon*

Fat Lip by Sum 41, always pumps me up for some reason. Ever since I heard it on the NHL 2002 Soundtrack (I believe) i've been into it when playing hockey.

BuddehJuS

Nov 25, 2006
Hydrovibe - Killer Inside, makes me wanna murder people!:yo:

And pretty much the entire SAW 3 soundtrack.

Iggy Pop and the Stooges - Search and Destroy.:yo:

itsjustsurvival

These are my last, last words
Mar 30, 2006
richmond, virginia.
swim - in flames
southpaw - smoke or fire
follow the reaper- children of bodom
copper and stars - planes mistaken for stars
convalescence- darkest hour
god deciding- hot water music
cannons and tanks - small brown bike

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006

Sickness - Disturbed

Bodies - Drowning Pool

those two right now are my personal favs. but my all time favorite song to get jacked up before a game is thunderstruck AC/DC. nothin got me more ready for a game then the intro to that song. :yo:

mini-mite fan

Feb 4, 2005
MN, USA
my original list is my favs for taking the ice pre-game - specifically because most of them (but especially; Cowboys, Bodies, & Worlds Collide) lyrically have that "I'm BillyBadAss & I'm gonna kick your @ss"-message [if you haven't heard any of these - seek them out & when you're listening picture first taking the ice skating around & then taking warm-up shots on your goalie. You'll be sold]. Personally I dig it, but when I play 'em for PeeWee/Bantam age games you can see the kids' chests inflate, their demeanor gets pissy, and their mental focus gets T-U-F! :yo:

But, if we're talking individually driving to the rink or listening to the mp3 while suiting up, taping sticks etc. - I've got a lot more I like to "get in the mood" with:

Mudvayne
Tool
Prong
Damage Plan
White Zombie
Stone Sour
Perfect Circle
Fear Factory
Yanni :dunce: :biglaugh::jk:
Ministry
Rage Against the Machine
Godsmack
Slipknot

All these bands have some great stuff - just not really acceptable by the masses, and not always good for that last minute "pump you up" feel

I don't mind (and sometimes do) listen to rap, hip-hop, or techno type stuff - but the problem I have with that is it puts me in more of a fun-party/get-busy-with-my-girl mood rather than a time to kick some @ss mood.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->