OT: Want to tell Holland what to do? Here's your chance!

StNickFan

Dec 3, 2014
Ohio
Just buy a fancy calculator and bring that with you to the interview. Fool proof. Maybe bring a old 90's copy of NHL so they know your not a noob. Golden. You got a job. Come back to us for drafting/trade advice. Better get use to champagne showers buddy.

fimoknete

Jun 4, 2006
Roesrath, Germany
What i want Holland to do?

what about showing up with a real plan with content? Making the PO and see what happens is not a businessplan. Broadcasting we like our team is not a businessplan.

first of all checking the actual situation, then adressing the needs and show up with a plan to solve the issues is a business plan.

the problem is the roster it self.

just ice players because they have to ice 20 player is not a plan at all.

actual roster (if you want to win instead of just existing on paper):

X X X
Larkin Zetta?? X
Nyquist Sheahan Tartar
*Abdelkader Glendening Helm

X X
Dekeyser Green
*Ericsson *Quincey

Mrazek *Howard

* Needs lower salary player
Even in this slim roster there are already player earning too much money for working on their roster spots. Ericcsson, abdelkader and Howard are simply too expensive for backup goalie and 6/7 defender.

Kronwall, Abdelkader, Howard and ericsson have to leave. (not taking their current NMC into account)

just an example. The not mentioned players are all obsolete. Not because they suck, its because we are set up allready with somebody on this position. Filling the Xs with players we have because we have player is not an proper analysis of our needs. But Using Players on the open X positions without any qualification for it is typical for Holland.

But here comes what i expect from a manager.
Ones Holland announces his version of the actual situation. In my example 6 open Xs and 4 Player that needs to e replaced.
Then he should adress the needs. It equals up to ten positions as a problem.
After it he should come up with a plan to solve the actual problems including the upcoming issues.

In this case 2 top line defenders, a 1st line and a second lince winger.
sounds impossible, right? maybe. but modifying our needs because the task is to hard is not a plan for winning the cup. You just avoid to be active. Thats all. And it seems impossible only because of staying passive for years. Our Problems didn't start 2 month ago it happened years ago. So with beeing passive Holland is trying to cure a desease with the root cause of the desease. Doesn't sound smart to me.

All of that began 2 years before lids retired. Normally a manager solves an issue before it turns into a problem. Thats what you can expect from a manager. But Holland stayed passive for the most part of the time with dats and zetta bailing him out. Now the "doing nothing" thing is coming after him. You can't have progress with "doing nothing".
The first 2 problems was the leaving of Rafalski and Lidstrom. What did he do to solve this problem? i cant even remember the plan for replacing both nor i can remember him saying it is an issue needs to be solved.

Whats the plan now for replacing Dats? Don't explain to me nobody could see it coming that an NHL player will stop playing once. Its the same pattern in Holland acting like at the end of Rafalskis and Lidstrom career. Just sitting there and broadcasting to ppl that nobody could see it coming is not a good acting in business. And again, i never heard anything about an issue to loose dats. Did he expect him to play forever? I would expect a manager to start acting when an elite player is turning into 35. So with pavel beeing 38 now its simply too late to think about the issue. It turned into an problem allready. But based on Holland pattern he will just ignore it and lower the roster talent quality.

So the question what would you do now to fix the our problems is totally wrong. This questions is coming aprox. 7 years too late.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad