Want college hockey on TV? Sign this.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
http://www.cstv.com/petition.htm?partner=uscho

CSTV is the station that recently aired the game on The Score. I believe it was on the 14th. Obviuosly, it's an american station and The Score was just picking up the feed, so it's not a huge deal for us up here in Canada unless someone gets an affliation agreement with them (highly unlikely). But, this still should enable all of us, Canadians and Americans, to see a little more college hockey action, which I know I'd loved to see. Anyways, just wanted to let everyone see this.

Hockeypuck

kingsfan said:
http://www.cstv.com/petition.htm?partner=uscho

CSTV is the station that recently aired the game on The Score. I believe it was on the 14th. Obviuosly, it's an american station and The Score was just picking up the feed, so it's not a huge deal for us up here in Canada unless someone gets an affliation agreement with them (highly unlikely). But, this still should enable all of us, Canadians and Americans, to see a little more college hockey action, which I know I'd loved to see. Anyways, just wanted to let everyone see this.
CSTV is getting little or no coverage from US cable companies. I emailed my cable company numerous times over the summer about CSTV. I then had a message from the regional VP on my answering machine one day asking what CSTV was. So I called him back explaining it and he said they had no plans of adding the channel. So I got Direct TV and screw the cable companies.

Avery4Byng*

a game a month or somethign is plenty. watching college crap is like watching pond hockey. not much hitting no fighting may as well just watch european crap hockey. id rather settle for some good o WHL or OHL hockey hell even the QMJHL is better then NCAA hockey. :cry:

TMHUNH

Feb 27, 2003
NH
Visit site
tray said:
a game a month or somethign is plenty. watching college crap is like watching pond hockey. not much hitting no fighting may as well just watch european crap hockey. id rather settle for some good o WHL or OHL hockey hell even the QMJHL is better then NCAA hockey. :cry:

You have to be kidding me..... College hockey in most ways is everything the NHL is not. No Red line, up tempo, plenty of scoring. You can get more enjoyment out of a single NCAA game than watching a whole season of an NHL trap team. Not much hitting?? Is Northeastern the only team you have seen? Ask Aaron Voros or Eddie Caron if there is much hitting....

And I have been to plenty of Q games, you will have a hard time finding someone to back you up on that comment. The average NCAA player is 3 times better than the average Q player, sure 3 years older too, but who cares when we are talking about the enjoyment of watching a game.

Allow me to respectfully disagree with your post....and I am going to go out on a limb and say you haven't been to many NCAA games, because I can't think of someone who has and would make an insulting and flat out false post.

Avery4Byng*

TMHUNH said:
You have to be kidding me..... College hockey in most ways is everything the NHL is not. No Red line, up tempo, plenty of scoring. You can get more enjoyment out of a single NCAA game than watching a whole season of an NHL trap team. Not much hitting?? Is Northeastern the only team you have seen? Ask Aaron Voros or Eddie Caron if there is much hitting....

And I have been to plenty of Q games, you will have a hard time finding someone to back you up on that comment. The average NCAA player is 3 times better than the average Q player, sure 3 years older too, but who cares when we are talking about the enjoyment of watching a game.

Allow me to respectfully disagree with your post....and I am going to go out on a limb and say you haven't been to many NCAA games, because I can't think of someone who has and would make an insulting and flat out false post.

:shakehead :shakehead

I have seen more then enough pond games err I mean NCAA games believe me, i know a couple guys on full rides but anyways it is crap hockey and i would rather watch some rough tough REAL hockey.

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
College hockey on TV will, except for the Frozen Four, be limited to local contracts. Plain and simple, a national network isn't going to make any money showing Michigan v Minnesota, or Cornell v UNH or any other matchup. Only the local channels will benefit. In addition, a broadcast in some of these arenas, the older ones, isn't possible. There's no market for college hockey.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Dr Love said:
College hockey on TV will, except for the Frozen Four, be limited to local contracts. Plain and simple, a national network isn't going to make any money showing Michigan v Minnesota, or Cornell v UNH or any other matchup. Only the local channels will benefit. In addition, a broadcast in some of these arenas, the older ones, isn't possible. There's no market for college hockey.

From my understanding, this isn't just going to college hockey. They will cover all, or the vast majority, of college sports. Kinda like the ESPN2 of college sports. But hockey will be one of the more seen sports. They might fly, they might not. But it can't hurt to try.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
I dunno about other places, but here in Florida with Digital Cable, I get the Fox Sports Digital thing that's like 4 different channels, not an extra package and they always have the Minnesota gophers on every Friday and Saturday night. I see Vanek, Parise and more and its really exciting.

Dr Love

Mar 22, 2002
Location, Location!
kingsfan said:
From my understanding, this isn't just going to college hockey. They will cover all, or the vast majority, of college sports. Kinda like the ESPN2 of college sports. But hockey will be one of the more seen sports. They might fly, they might not. But it can't hurt to try.

What college sports sell? Football and basketball. CSTV doesn't have the money to pony up to compete with ESPN, ABC, NBC, and CBS to get the rights to show college football and basketball. "The new home of college sports" might be CSTV, but it ain't for football and basketball (D-IAA football and 6 NCAA tourney teams doesn't cut it), and that's where the money is. Good luck CSTV, but I doubt you'll be anything more than a Fox Sports World like niche market station.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
Sandman13 said:
I'd watch Canadian university hockey, but not US College.

I watch anything as long as it has upcoming NHLers. The US College are a very decent breeding ground and you can see many future NHL talents there.

And the few games I have seen were not bad at all. Good hockey, different from the CHL but good in its own way.

shazata69

Naw I'd rather see more CHL games on tv. Not a bunch of girls who can't hack the physicality or rough road of a CHL team.

Avery4Byng*

shazata69 said:
Naw I'd rather see more CHL games on tv. Not a bunch of girls who can't hack the physicality or rough road of a CHL team.

BANG ON..... couldnt have said it better myself.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Arankys said:
If i could really speak my mind to Vlad the wanna be Euro i would get banned.
As for his "burn" it was horrible no creativity

Hey Iraqis... I mean Arankys, remember this - jealousy will get you nowhere my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad