Walt Kyle to coach U.S. Junior Team at WJC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
HabLover said:
You still need to add 1 forward or 1 Dman. Teams usually go with 13 forwards.

It will be interesting to see how many 19 yr olds vs. 18 yr olds will be on Team USA? In past years they seem to have more than the usual number of 18 yr olds on the junior team, so in turn they always have guys returning the next year. I think it would help USA Hockey if they selected players that have more experience and are 19 yr olds to play in this tourney. This year could be different with the very talented '87 age group waiting in the wings.

I thought I had 8 and 13. Anyway, thanks for pointing that out. I added Kolarik and Macias. It will be interesting to see the content of the U.S. team. I'd like a bit more CHL representation, but it remains to be seen whether that happens or not.

Spectacular_Bid

Mar 22, 2004
Rabid Ranger said:
I thought I had 8 and 13. Anyway, thanks for pointing that out. I added Kolarik and Macias. It will be interesting to see the content of the U.S. team. I'd like a bit more CHL representation, but it remains to be seen whether that happens or not.

CHL or NCAA it doesn't matter to me as long as they pick the RIGHT team. Like I said earlier they have the players to win this thing if the US brass chooses wisely.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Spectacular_Bid said:
CHL or NCAA it doesn't matter to me as long as they pick the RIGHT team. Like I said earlier they have the players to win this thing if the US brass chooses wisely.

I agree, but with more and more talented American players going the CHL route, the U.S. can't afford to treat as a red-headed step-child.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Rabid Ranger said:
Horrible? Average more than anything, and that was because he was injured. Jeff Likens was horrible.

Eh, the defense as a whole was pretty bad.
Borer was probably the best and he was sick the whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->