Walmart Canada Stops Accepting Visa

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
"Walmart sucks."lol ok, We got some hipsters in here folks . Walmart is without a doubt the cheapest place to buy groceries outside of a Costco.

So yeah, you go ahead and pay more at a ****ing Sobeys or something while I'm saving upwards of 30-40% on most comparable items.

They are not cheapest on everything and as far as fresh produce or meat I would not touch it with a ten foot pole most of the time. They don't sell AAA grade meats and much of the veggies and fruit is over ripe etc. Sometimes saving a few dollars is not worth it.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
They are not cheapest on everything and as far as fresh produce or meat I would not touch it with a ten foot pole most of the time. They don't sell AAA grade meats and much of the veggies and fruit is over ripe etc. Sometimes saving a few dollars is not worth it.

They're good on everything but food really

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

Grilled out with some friends last week. We both got NY strips. His from Walmart, mine from a local farm.

His just looked sooooooo nasty. I don't know what they do to their cows, but I don't want to eat that.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Meh.

I only have one credit card, and it's a Mastercard. Never felt the need for a second. Still don't.

Grilled out with some friends last week. We both got NY strips. His from Walmart, mine from a local farm.

His just looked sooooooo nasty. I don't know what they do to their cows, but I don't want to eat that.

Didn't know anyone could just get steaks directly from a farm.

I usually get mine either from a grocery store, or a butcher.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Meh.

I only have one credit card, and it's a Mastercard. Never felt the need for a second. Still don't.

There are some around here in Ottawa that do that. The one close to where I live sells grass fed beef directly to consumers.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Meh.

I don't go to the farms personally, but there are several I could if I had the time.

There are some grocery stores and services that provide their product. All pasture raised.

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
You live in newfoundland, none of the Walmarts on the island even carry real groceries outside of milk and eggs. No fruits and veggies or meats aside from frozen trash

...You're just jealous your walmart doesn't sell moose meat

*In all honest neither does ours, and you're completely right.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
I always pay cash so it doesn't bother me. But with both Target and Zellers gone we don't have very many options anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad