Wallpaper & large image request thread. Individual large image requests belong here!

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Would it be possible to get a Carey Price wallpaper made with the attached picture? You have a lot of creativity so something similar to the Bobby Ryan one or even something different would be awesome.

Thanks. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I will def. give you a Carey Price wallpaper. That picture can be incorporated, but I don't think it's the best picture as the main focal point. I will look for a larger, full body picture of him in that jersey though, as I assume that is what you want. But without the lower half and the size is a tad small it may not come out as well as you and I might hope.

What would really help is if you knew the date they wore those jerseys. But I'm going to look now so I may find out before you get back to me.

Sorry just noticed your message, the date of the game was February 1st. Thanks again. :D

donkshow

Aug 19, 2007
Sorry just noticed your message, the date of the game was February 1st. Thanks again. :D
Couple questions..

What size is your desktop?

Where did you get that picture, is there any of him in full body shot, that is a fairly big size?

Did you just want a different Price picture with that stripped one blended into the background?

I could just go with whatever and see what you think if you aren't too picky.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Couple questions..

What size is your desktop?

Where did you get that picture, is there any of him in full body shot, that is a fairly big size?

Did you just want a different Price picture with that stripped one blended into the background?

I could just go with whatever and see what you think if you aren't too picky.

1600 x 1200

I found this other picture, there are lots of pictures on the website habsinsideout.com if this one isn't big enough. I'm not going to be too picky so anything with Price will work for me.

El Maestro

Jan 9, 2008
France
Wallpapers & large image request & post thread. All large image requests belong here!

Here are some wallpapers of my creations, if somebody wants to give me advice or just for sharing others wallpapers ;)

Victor Hedman:

Hedman.jpg

Pascal Leclaire:

PascalLeclaire.jpg

Chris Drury:

Drury.jpg

Marc-Andre Fleury:

Marc-AndreFleury.jpg

Brad Richards:

Richards.jpg

Henrik Zetterberg:

HenrikZetterberg.jpg

Dany Heatley:

DanyHeatley.jpg

Ilya Kovalchuk:

IlyaKovalchuk.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

donkshow

Aug 19, 2007
Sorry, I didn't use the pic you wanted. It was still pretty small and looked out of place when I tried to incorporate it. I hope you like this one instead.

1_pricered_v2.jpg

Last edited:

donkshow

Aug 19, 2007
I've just saw it on another website, that's pretty nice men. I would love it if I didn't hate the Habs.
Breakaway Forums? ;)

I hate the Habs too (Leafs fan) but he requested it so I had to do it :)

Semper Sens

Nov 10, 2007
Ovechkin. I can't remember exactly which brushed I used but they're called either "fresh foliage" or just "foliage."

3447599385_b586bf6e51_o.jpg

Spezza. I used the grunge brush which I think comes with PSP.

3447611725_83ccf69577_o.jpg

Where did you guys learn to do this stuff? I don't really now how to do anything aside from brushes, and even then I don't know how to make anything fancy. Is there a good, sports-related, tutorial site?

HFPM

Mar 25, 2006
Leduc...
www.fortybelow.ca
Where did you guys learn to do this stuff? I don't really now how to do anything aside from brushes, and even then I don't know how to make anything fancy. Is there a good, sports-related, tutorial site?

Most brushes tend to come off as tacky.

Just blend stocks from sites like sxc.hu and flickr.

Selanne08*

Here are some wallpapers of my creations, if somebody wants to give me advice or just for sharing others wallpapers ;)

Victor Hedman:

Hedman.jpg

can you make a similar one with the finnish flag and a finnish player. doesnt matter which one. selanne would be good or koivu and stuff but this hedman one is awesome

donkshow

Aug 19, 2007
It's all about blending stocks for me. I have never used a brush for my wallpapers.

I haven't looked at any tutorials. Just self-taught through trial and error really.

Semper Sens

Nov 10, 2007
I've been working on this today:

3448499127_eb36bf3bfd_o.jpg

Not finished (I think). Does anyone have any advice on what I should do? Especially a reccomendation for a new font, that one doesn't look too good.

Semper Sens

Nov 10, 2007
Like I posted earlier, just stick to stocks and blending modes.

I used two stocks for that one :D and I tried a bit of blending too (nothing that I intended ended up happening but the changes were still cool). I got kind of carried away with the lines though ( I was following a tutorial for that part). Is there anyway to blend his feet into the lines? I'm just kind of trying to figure things out, this one is already a lost cause.

HFPM

Mar 25, 2006
Leduc...
www.fortybelow.ca
I used two stocks for that one :D and I tried a bit of blending too (nothing that I intended ended up happening but the changes were still cool). I got kind of carried away with the lines though ( I was following a tutorial for that part). Is there anyway to blend his feet into the lines? I'm just kind of trying to figure things out, this one is already a lost cause.

Put the lines on top of him.

And I generally use anywhere from 10-20 stocks for a wallpaper.

They're great for building a background.

Semper Sens

Nov 10, 2007
Put the lines on top of him.

And I generally use anywhere from 10-20 stocks for a wallpaper.

They're great for building a background.

OK man, thanks for your help. I was looking around on that stock exchange site you posted but I lack the creativity to understand what the different images can be used for. I guess I need to try combining different things with no idea in mind to see what comes out. My problem right now is I have a goal to build an image for a car or a player and I shut out everything that seems irrelevant (which seems to be basically all the stocks). I never would have thought to use stars until I saw the price wall Snipeshow posted.

Anyways, thanks.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I don't have any pictures, but if you could make a San Diego Padres wallpaper using Jake Peavy, and/or Andrian Gonzalez, that would be awesome. My resolution is 1680*1050.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->