Speculation: Wall to taxi and our post Geo net picture

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Yardbarker reported Wall called up to taxi squad.
Good.
want him + Huska to each get 4 games or whatev the min is w'o burning a yr elc, unless either is strong in backup to Shesty playing majority starter mins, ideally vs tougher teams. Kinkaid is fallback.

Do NOT to peddle only Geo rfa rights for meh return post season.
We have all witnessed, how if he is regular work starter he is ok, but we can't give him starter mins over Shesty, so he has to go, and go now.
The mindset of self rental must be broken to surrender to reality we are close but not yet where we need to be to compete as cup finalist.
Get max futures return for Strome + Geo replacing w/Barron then also Krav + Huska*/Wall.
Can be considered to upgrade existing picks in upcoming draft.
Build
then dominate from full position of strength
stop w/half ass desperate measures to grab short term help usually counterproductive long term.

* Huska looked like shit against Avs, but they are high end quality scoring team and AH got zero hlep that night. Expect he will be adequate + vs weaker teams.

So, let's get a peek at AH + TW....

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Please stop dreaming they are both bodies for the taxi in case of emergency. That’s it

Huska likely gone next year and Wall in Hartford . He’s been echl most of the year

This team Isn’t rebuilding they have a ton of points and will buy not sell. Strome is an own rental at the very least . Panarin would snap lol

they shouldn’t deal prospects but they are going to deal picks for rentals for sure. Zero doubt in my mind

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Wall was treading water in the ECHL and has been torched in the AHL. He's not close to being ready for the NHL and may never be ready for that. I think they'll qualify Huska. He may be a 4A-guy, he may be a legitimate backup, who knows. I wouldn't count on him for anything, though.

As long as they're in contention they won't trade Georgiev, and nor should they. The time to move him was before last season but that didn't happen. Now we have no truly viable alternative, so to move him would leave a glaring hole on a team with an amazing starting goaltender, but one who misses a lot of time.

This is why you draft a goalie every year (though not, stupidly, in round two...).

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
The cupboard is pretty well stocked with assets. There’s no reason to sacrifice an entire season, and our first legitimate playoff appearance in 5 years, to get a 2nd round pick for Strome or a 3rd/4th round pick for Georgiev. Big pass.

I’m not a Strome or Georgiev guy either, but they are serviceable and much better than the ones who would replace them.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Please stop dreaming they are both bodies for the taxi in case of emergency. That’s it

Huska likely gone next year and Wall in Hartford . He’s been echl most of the year

This team Isn’t rebuilding they have a ton of points and will buy not sell. Strome is an own rental at the very least . Panarin would snap lol

they shouldn’t deal prospects but they are going to deal picks for rentals for sure. Zero doubt in my mind

disagree overall maintain build is necessary
stop win now overreaches in desperation

alos breadman can blow for all I care
appreciate all he's done, but he knows it is a hard cap league and there are limited options.

Krav-Zib-bread will be fine

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The cupboard is pretty well stocked with assets. There’s no reason to sacrifice an entire season, and our first legitimate playoff appearance in 5 years, to get a 2nd round pick for Strome or a 3rd/4th round pick for Georgiev. Big pass.

I’m not a Strome or Georgiev guy either, but they are serviceable and much better than the ones who would replace them.

we can get 2nd value for Geo
will post that later today early tom when I get a chance

Strome I see as a 2nd + at worst

that's too much to let walk for nothing

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I don't want Huska(not again) or Wall to play one minute this season. Stop it.

I think that's what you're saying, anyway. You try to sound super smart with the way you word everything but it doesn't make sense.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia

appreciate all he's done, but he knows it is a hard cap league and there are limited options.

Wall to the minors are you ok ?

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
So add another year to our core's ages without a deep playoff run? Come on man. Bottom line is if management feels the team has a shot this year, they will make moves to bolster the roster accordingly.
Yeah it's not like I think our window is closing imminently, but at some point you need to try to win the damn thing. I think we're at the point where we're going to look to add pieces, not dump guys for second rounders (picks that pan out as NHLers maybe 30% of the time, and impact players far less).

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I don't want Huska(not again) or Wall to play one minute this season. Stop it.

I think that's what you're saying, anyway. You try to sound super smart with the way you word everything but it doesn't make sense.

whoev the backup is, he is playing the mins Shesty is not playing b'c he CAN'T PLAY EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY GAME

the ? is as to our backup, not our starter

we can't keep Geo b'c he's demonstrated he needs starter mins to stay fresh and best results

instead of taking a dig at me, consider reading.... it is your friend!

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Yeah it's not like I think our window is closing imminently, but at some point you need to try to win the damn thing. I think we're at the point where we're going to look to add pieces, not dump guys for second rounders (picks that pan out as NHLers maybe 30% of the time, and impact players far less).

that is less productive win now
we may win in spite of ourselves
but
we are better off giving max mins to the core
shedding vets
and if not extra depth,
fine
deal extra picks for higher level futures
or package to upgrade existing picks

c'mon peeps, let's think a little outside the box...

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
that is less productive win now
we may win in spite of ourselves
but
we are better off giving max mins to the core
shedding vets
and if not extra depth,
fine
deal extra picks for higher level futures
or package to upgrade existing picks

c'mon peeps, let's think a little outside the box...
Life has taught me that people usually urge others to "think outside the box" when whatever they're saying doesn't make a lick of sense to anyone else.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC

Ridiculous approach from you as usual

Reactions: NYR94
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad