WWE: Wade Keller: Low Raw ratings are a bad thing. They count.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
USA is bringing Smackdown into their mix. They're obviously not that concerned with sinking ratings.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
USA is bringing Smackdown into their mix. They're obviously not that concerned with sinking ratings.

They are owned by the same parent company so Smackdown falls under the same contract.

I believe the thought process is having both on the same channel could help both shows.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They are owned by the same parent company so Smackdown falls under the same contract.

I believe the thought process is having both on the same channel could help both shows.

They could have not done that though. With Raw's sinking ratings, moving that to SyFy, or wherever, would have definitely made sense for them. I'm sure the contract ties them to USA though.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008

Yep.

The only reason Raw is three hours of because USA wanted it. The television and toy contract(s) are what run WWE these days.

Ratings obviously matter. But things will have to become much worse for anything to drastically change.

Mind you, USA is the same network that still tape delayed Raw during the Austin/Attitude era for the Dog Show. Once WWE came back from TNN, that has never happened again to my knowledge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad