W Jaroslav Chmelar - Hartford, AHL (2021, 144th, NYR)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
9 points in 6 games to start the NCAA season. He was a big part of Czechia's Silver winning team at the WJC last year. He's the age of most college juniors, so this isn't anything out of the ordinary you'd expect from a player with a chance to reach the NHL, but that's what he's starting to look like. Probably only a bottom six winger, but could be a good bottom six winger. He's very big (6'5 220), skates well, has grit, and a little bit of offense.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
9 points in 6 games to start the NCAA season. He was a big part of Czechia's Silver winning team at the WJC last year. He's the age of most college juniors, so this isn't anything out of the ordinary you'd expect from a player with a chance to reach the NHL, but that's what he's starting to look like. Probably only a bottom six winger, but could be a good bottom six winger. He's very big (6'5 220), skates well, has grit, and a little bit of offense.

Perfect summary! Big body, effective jammer with some skill. Could be a great bottom 6 NHL for a few seasons!

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Started the season extremely well. Played poorly through injuries for a few weeks, and then opted to have surgery. Still 5+9-14 points in 16 games, and should be back soon. I think he'll be back next year at Providence anyway for his third year, and then be signed.

Reactions: czech

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Hope that's true! He is on the zohorna and klapka path! Hopefully he sticks in a few seasons.

Might be a decent spring for over age Czechs and signings... Maybe.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018

This reminds me of my introduction to him.. he made the U20 team and I didn't know much about him. Then he started scoring goals like this. Just this big beast breaking through everyone and finishing. I remember he was noticeable against Canada and thought he should be a first rounder. Then he went a bit quiet and I realized he's more a bottom 6 outscorer. Curious if he can get his consistency together and make it? Also, sucks that he made Vrana look stupid Forgot he's playing hockey and, a year ago, I had him pencilled in the top line for Prague.lol

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
This reminds me of my introduction to him.. he made the U20 team and I didn't know much about him. Then he started scoring goals like this. Just this big beast breaking through everyone and finishing. I remember he was noticeable against Canada and thought he should be a first rounder. Then he went a bit quiet and I realized he's more a bottom 6 outscorer. Curious if he can get his consistency together and make it? Also, sucks that he made Vrana look stupid Forgot he's playing hockey and, a year ago, I had him pencilled in the top line for Prague.lol
The wrist injury really slowed him down. He was producing very well before he got hurt. Providence as a whole was offensively challenged, though, so I hope he shows a more consistent offensive game at the AHL level, a la Brett Berard (former Providence Friar) this season.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Excited for the future Rangers line of:

Cuylle (Hoo-lee)
Chytil (Hee-til)
Chmelar (Him-ell-ahsh)

Reactions: Czechboy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad