Vrbata Upside...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
I know this guy isn't a propect anymore...buthe certainly hasn't reached his potential...

This guy broke in looking like another Hejduk...Now the Ave's dealt him for Battaglia...a mistake IMO....but more importantly...What can this guy become....Do you think he will get his chance in Carolina to be a big scorere...?

Is Hejduk? or LIke Valerie Bure or Sergei Varlamov..?

I hope Hejduk...but just wanted to know what you guys think....

Frozen Testicle

With the right people he could be really good, not Hejduk but really good.

Stanger31

Apr 6, 2003
St. Albert
I like him too, and when he came up for Colorado i was very happy i had picked him. But i'm starting to get worried since he just isn't gettin the goals. He sure is taking the shots, maybe they will start to bounce in, who knows. I like his upside, perhaps around the type of goal scoring that Satan has, with not as much set up. I wouldn't say Hejduk, as much as i would hope he will be.

Koltsov71

Qubax said:
Do you think he will get his chance in Carolina to be a big scorere...?

Of course he will get his chance in Carolina. Carolina isn't too stocked in goal scorers. Upside for Vrbata, honestly, I'd say is in the 40-50 goal range. He really has the potential to be that good. More likely scenario, however, is that he'll be a consistent 30-35 goal scorer.

I'm expecting a 20 goal campaign from him this season. So far, he has been held pointless, but he has been playing very well. Last night, he was on a line with Brind'Amour and Cole and they were great at both ends of the ice. He is getting his chances (20+ shots in six games), but so far no results.

pavel13

Aug 15, 2003
Visit site
If I remember correctly, Vrbata was scoring goals like mad after he was traded to Carolina. He finally got the ice time he needed to score like he should. I think it was Ron Francis who said that Vrbata has the best hands of anyone on the team. I think he could score 25 goals this year, if he isn't injured and gets enough ice time (and PP time).

edit: he had 5 goals 0 assists in ten games with Carolina last year, but has no points in six games this season.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
pavel13 said:
If I remember correctly, Vrbata was scoring goals like mad after he was traded to Carolina. He finally got the ice time he needed to score like he should. I think it was Ron Francis who said that Vrbata has the best hands of anyone on the team. I think he could score 25 goals this year, if he isn't injured and gets enough ice time (and PP time).

edit: he had 5 goals 0 assists in ten games with Carolina last year, but has no points in six games this season.
He's been pretty much worthless this year in my keeper league.
Hold on, let me correct that : he's been worthy of a few lost points through +/-...

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Vrbata has the hands and offensive creativity that the Hurricanes haven't had since, well, Jan Hlavac. However, Vrbata is going to be a fantastic goal scorer in this league due to his amazing hands and his knack for being in the right place at the right time to uncork a pretty nasty shot.

I'd say he's going to get 20 goals this season once the lines get together right and his shots start falling.

Flyman

Jul 15, 2003
Vrbata scored a great goal last night against the Flyers. He crushed Hack Up with an unreal wrister from the point. The puck hit the post before ending in the net. Hack just didn't move...

Honestly it was a superb goal. IMO, Colorado made a mistake when they trad him for Battaglia...

Koltsov71

Flyman said:
Honestly it was a superb goal. IMO, Colorado made a mistake when they trad him for Battaglia...

I definitely agree with you. For the Hurricanes, I'd do that deal any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Vrbata should be an important member of the team for years to come.

JDB3939

Jun 25, 2002
Natrona Heights, PA
Visit site
The Avs never should have traded him.

I don't see how they can keep trading talented youth for older players.

If the Pens had gotten Vrbata for Kaspar straight up I would have been ecstatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad