Rumor: Voynov to MTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I don't bother with any rumors regarding Russians as most of the time it is just agents throwing out random teams and trying to drive up the price.

Voynov rumor even makes less sense given it is one position this team actually has decent depth.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Didn't the Radulov signing start with a rumor from a similiar source?

If signed, the optics will be bad. Great d-man, not so great of a human being.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Take away the off ice problems , voynov is a pretty decent d man
But too bad you can’t take away the off ice problems
He’s a piece of garbage who beat up his wife
If the Habs sign this f***head I’m officially done

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
A) He's currently not eligible to play in the NHL (still suspended).
B) It was voluntary but he was deported from the US. He may not every be granted entry there again.

That's 2 huge what ifs I'd say. Not sure I see this happening.

Let alone the hue and cry this will garner.

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
He’s a RHD so this means we would either trade Petry or he’d play on the third pair...? Don’t know if this makes sense

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
would not be surprised in the least... leadership with a lack of integrity would have no hesitation talking about character and attitude and then aggressively pursue someone like Voynov.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
I don't bother with any rumors regarding Russians as most of the time it is just agents throwing out random teams and trying to drive up the price.

Voynov rumor even makes less sense given it is one position this team actually has decent depth.
Would it surprise you though? We are talking about the GM that didn't think much about getting rid of all his LD's in a calendar year...

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
I am not above giving people second chances if they have been earned, like if Voynov did the counselling and shows sincere remorse, but given our apparent Jean Beliveau Code of Conduct it would appear hypocritical.

Reactions: HankyZetts

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
I don’t recall him doing much to indicate remorse at the time, so I would be sceptical.

He must have had a nice contract because Dean Lombardi didn’t publicly shame him and run him out of town like he did Mike Richards for a much lesser offence.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Voynov was a good D. If he has received the proper conseling, why not.

Reclamation in every sense.

If the proper supports and counselling is provided, I think it might work. Hard to say given that none of us know anything about him or where he's at with reparations for the abused and himself. These types of incidents are complex - I hope MB does his homework as I don't think any fan would be in support of bringing him on otherwise.

Reactions: HankyZetts
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->