Vorobiev shows why he should be #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Pavel Vorobiev has 4 goals, 1 assist in 3 games with the Blackhawks (could be more since the 3rd game ain't over yet).

While Crosby and Ovechkin are getting some easy assists and tap-in goals (damn leechers!!!), Vorobiev is carrying the entire Blackhawk organization on his shoulders!!! :handclap:

He gets my Calder vote so far! :bow:

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
The Great One said:
The homerism on this board is getting old...

oh come on, 4 goals in 2 games ... give him some love :sarcasm:

plus every rookie seems to deserve a "#1" thread lately :snide:

Kardi

Jul 28, 2004
Interwebs
id still take ove over any of the rookies he has NO ONE to play with
give him rechhi or ruutu on his wing and lets see how many points he'd get

Jurgy25

Sep 20, 2005
San Jose
roshiajin said:
Pavel Vorobiev has 4 goals, 1 assist in 3 games with the Blackhawks (could be more since the 3rd game ain't over yet).

While Crosby and Ovechkin are getting some easy assists and tap-in goals (damn leechers!!!), Vorobiev is carrying the entire Blackhawk organization on his shoulders!!! :handclap:

Speaking of tap-in goals, did u not watch the sharks-hawks game, u cant tell me his goal was not a tap in, weak goal

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Impressive, but let's wait at least more than 10 games before we congratulate the Calder winner!!! Unless of course Crosby has 20 points by that point!!!

Kroz

Mar 26, 2005
can we just make a filter that auto deletes threads with titles that contain "should be better than" or "should be #1"

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
roshiajin said:

Crosby got a easy goal you could say BUT ovechkins first 2 goals are more then just put ins. Ovechkins first goal was amazing, bottom of the circle, around 20-30 feet away from the net and just ripped it, while his second goal might have bee more of a tap. And in a 8-1 loss was it he gets the assist on his teams only goal. Far, far far from leeching if id say so. Leeching is when you got a good team, ton of scoring and is just along for the ride throwing it to a guy who will score and get your the point, like a playmaker, ovechkins only assist on his teams only goal shows me hes more then a leech :teach:

dunwoody_joe

Mar 16, 2002
atlanta
Visit site
I saw Ovechkin for the first time Saturday night in the 8-1 blowout to the Thrashers. The kid is a stud!

He carried the Caps offensively all night. He made creative passes creating space for his linemates, setting up numerous (unconverted) chances. He was strong on the puck, great shot and fiesty. He was not so solid on the backcheck, or defensive zone, but that will come.

Truth be told, he's on a poor team with little help on his own line. Nevertheless, Ovechkin is the real deal. Lived up to the hype.

He probably comes in 2nd for the Calder but I would take him on my team anytime.

Atlas

Sep 7, 2004
Does anyone remember the Will Ferrell skit when he wears the "I'm #1" baseball cap when he goes out on dates in classy clubs? No one will ever doubt your #1 if you wear a hat like that. Vorobiev should have one.

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
dunwoody_joe said:
He probably comes in 2nd for the Calder but I would take him on my team anytime.

2nd behind Vorobiev? lol

Anyway, guys this thread is pure sarcasm.

KariyaIsGod*

zetterberg40 said:
Crosby got a easy goal you could say BUT ovechkins first 2 goals are more then just put ins. Ovechkins first goal was amazing, bottom of the circle, around 20-30 feet away from the net and just ripped it, while his second goal might have bee more of a tap. And in a 8-1 loss was it he gets the assist on his teams only goal. Far, far far from leeching if id say so. Leeching is when you got a good team, ton of scoring and is just along for the ride throwing it to a guy who will score and get your the point, like a playmaker, ovechkins only assist on his teams only goal shows me hes more then a leech :teach:

I'm not sure if you are joking... I hope so...

Crosby's goal was less easy than Ovechkin's second.. Ovechkin got an assist by weakly floating the puck at the net. His teammates dug and scored...

Crosby has four assists which were all presents personally wrapped by the kid himself to his teammates...

HOWEVER... If we want to talk Norris Trophy... PEOPLE.. Aki Berg has been PHENOMINAL... Seriously..

salty justice

May 25, 2004
Los Angeles
Jurgy25 said:
Speaking of tap-in goals, did u not watch the sharks-hawks game, u cant tell me his goal was not a tap in, weak goal

Vorobiev was just announced as a runner up for the NHL Offensive Player of the Week. Marc Savard took it home.

http://www.nhl.com/news/2005/10/237668.html

His goals against San Jose should hardly be considered "weak" and neither were tapped in. He was in the right position at the right time, hustled a lot to get there, and used some slick skills to beat Nabokov twice. Goals arent scored accidently ;).

Here you can watch the replays
http://www.nhl.com/nhlonline/nhl?se...changeDayLink&location=/scores&DATE=10/7/2005

Last edited:

KariyaIsGod*

PecaFan said:
McCabe, Vorobiev, and two third round picks given up for Henrik Sedin.

And some folks think Brian Burke was a genius at that draft. :shakehead

Does anyone know who the picks turned out to be?

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
DrMoses said:
I'm not sure if you are joking... I hope so...

Crosby's goal was less easy than Ovechkin's second.. Ovechkin got an assist by weakly floating the puck at the net. His teammates dug and scored...

laughing my *** off :biglaugh:

in the same register : Gretzky's 500th goal was less easy than Lemieux's 400th or Kovalchuk's 100th

espo*

I can just sense this poster rosajin,i'd swear he's the poster formely known as wilka.Everything fits................the writing style,the out of control Russian player hard on,the Canada is evil rhetoric,even the Ovechkin avatar.

Today Vorobiev is king,tommorow it may be back to A.O(depending on his results next game) and the day after that................well,whatever Russian has a good game. He get's the boards going anyway,i'll give him that.

neophool*

Kardi said:
id still take ove over any of the rookies he has NO ONE to play with
give him rechhi or ruutu on his wing and lets see how many points he'd get

no one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad