Prospect Info: Vojtech Budik (2016, 130th) – '18-19: Rights relinquished; returns to Czech leagues

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
My word, Google Translate and Czech is a hoot.

They measured the strength of our legs and the top of the body, such as Bench, shyness, dead stroke, jump in height, squats and how strong the thorns are.

This is going to take a few minutes to figure out.

Reactions: truthbluth

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Last edited:

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Not saying it isn’t accurate because sure it could be....but I have more twitter followers than that guy.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
When the truth is measured by twitter followers.....excuse me, bridge to go jump off.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016

He's a CHL player, so the Sabres telling him he can talk to other teams doesn't make sense since he's not a free agent, he will be eligible for this upcoming draft.

It also makes no sense why we have no interest in him unless he's got some real character issues.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He's a CHL player, so the Sabres telling him he can talk to other teams doesn't make sense since he's not a free agent, he will be eligible for this upcoming draft.

It also makes no sense why we have no interest in him unless he's got some real character issues.

If they are letting him talk to other teams it is as a way to trade his rights.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
And not one member of the Buffalo media will ask Botterill or Sexton or whoever our chief scout is why Budik wasn't signed. It's puzzling, you don't sign all your picks but this kid had the progress that would make him one worth signing.

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
And not one member of the Buffalo media will ask Botterill or Sexton or whoever our chief scout is why Budik wasn't signed. It's puzzling, you don't sign all your picks but this kid had the progress that would make him one worth signing.

I've never seen him play, but his goal total made him look intriguing. For those who did see him - and chinks in his armor? Speed, foot speed, decision making, breakouts, passing, defensive ability, reading the flow of the game, physicality, hockey smarts?

I just don't think Botteril wants to unnecessarily chew up any of the 50 contract limit on guys who he thinks have very little chance of making it. You always need a few contracts open for in season activities and Botts has an eye for undrafted free agents - so he might need a few more open spots than most teams. Don't want another Karabacek, Martin, or Kasdorf

Last edited:

sabregoat

Sep 22, 2005
Hamburg, NY
How often does a player get drafted a second time when his original drafting team chooses not to sign him. I would think the chances would f being drafted again are very low

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
When the truth is measured by twitter followers.....excuse me, bridge to go jump off.
It reminds me of that black mirror episode where your worth in society depends on the amount of likes you get which gives you a rating.

I think we may slowly be moving into that age lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad