Vladislav Tretiak to head Russian Hockey Federation

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
It a step up. Unlike Steblin, Tretiak is very well spoken and greatly respected. Even if I have a feeling that he is incompetent in such a mangerial position, at least he won't get drunk and throw oranges at the head of the IIHF. Who knows, now that Steblin is gone maybe even Zubov returns to the national team for a farewell tournament or two.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Actually throwing oranges at Fasel is the best thing Steblin did. Fasel is NHL's doormat, he never did anything good for the international hockey, I think that naturally there is so much improvement that could have been done to the hockey but Fasel chose just to be a bloodsucker on the European Hockey's body. Instead of flirting with NHL he should have been promoting hockey mainly in Western Europe, where there is money, forget the fact that he managed to talk European leagues into this joke of a deal with NHL which is nothing but highway robbery. He does not want to realize that he only having strong players playing in Europe will increase the interest to the hockey itself.

Game_Misconduct

Oct 13, 2004
Slitty said:
It a step up. Unlike Steblin, Tretiak is very well spoken and greatly respected. Even if I have a feeling that he is incompetent in such a mangerial position, at least he won't get drunk and throw oranges at the head of the IIHF. Who knows, now that Steblin is gone maybe even Zubov returns to the national team for a farewell tournament or two.

Why doesn't Zubov play for Russia anymore? I've never heard an explanation for that.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
I respect the man, but hell, look what he did to Khabibulin this year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->