Player Discussion Vladislav Namestnikov

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Nam and Zucc should be a thing again - it helped him to get a flow in his game with quick and high paced IQ passes - swap Vesey with Zucc.
Zucc - Nam - Buch and have Buch in that sniper role. :)

And when Chytil and Lias is called up here.

Nam - Lias - Zucc
Vesey - Chytil - Buch

Last edited:

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I think Miller is a better offensive player, pretty unequivocally. Namestnikov plays a better all-around game though. Depends on what you value more.
Yeah totally agree with this. Vlad is a perfect compliment player imo.

Miller can run a line when he’s on or drag a line down when he’s off. Vlad when he’s “off” still doesn’t really hurt his line from what I’ve seen but when he’s on he can make it work.

I think he’d be a good winger for Chytil potentially as he’s kinda Fast like in that he seems to make life easier for his linemates.

Reactions: Ori

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Yes, I agree with that @haveandare him or Lias. I also think he is good in that left wing role, and if Chytil or Lias struggle with faceoffs he can help out as Miller did when he was here.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
I'm not going to **** on Vlad but this is a results business. Give me the player that always plays at 80% who is still better than the player that plays 100% every day.

I just think that once we ice a more complete team he can be just as important to it as whatever JT Miller was to this current mess.

Reactions: haveandare

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Namestnikov is 1000% better than JT because he doesn't commit awful turnovers every single game.
He had one turnover in the last game though, but the Blues did not score on it. But I agree, he is better defensive player compare to Miller. :)

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
He had one turnover in the last game though, but the Blues did not score on it. But I agree, he is better defensive player compare to Miller. :)
Sorry, I meant to say "he doesn't commit 50 million turnovers every single game"

Forgot to exaggerate for effect. My bad.

Reactions: Ori

Ori

Nov 7, 2014
Norway
I think he will be great on the same line as Chytil or Lias too, and Lias is a very good 2 way center who is defensive responsible at his young age.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rongomania

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
And he put up those numbers when he played there too
It's almost like there's a different factor than the talent of Miller and Names

It’s so hard to compare these guys because of that very easy to adapt to/succeed in situation riding shotgun with two of the best players on the planet. Stick Fast there he scores 70pts, no?

Blais to Win

Dec 16, 2009
It’s so hard to compare these guys because of that very easy to adapt to/succeed in situation riding shotgun with two of the best players on the planet. Stick Fast there he scores 70pts, no?
Don't think so. JT in TB seems to be outplaying Namestnikov in TB at this point. VN seems to not be even equalling JT's play in NY at this point.
Because there is more to playing hockey than scoring goals...
Maybe? Here's a quote from the TB board: "To me it's in the forecheck. Vladdy did good at it but is 190 while Miller is like 25 pounds heavier. His forecheck is just so much heavier which has led to a bunch of turnovers. Him producing like crazy has been nice too."

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Ok, but can we actually give them each a full season and not 9 games on two entirely different squads? This will be a much easier trade to gauge a year down the road. As of now, I don’t mind the swap. As numerous posters have stated - something much bigger was going on behind the scenes that we’ll probably never know about, but it makes quite the bit of sense.

Siddi

Rangers Masochist
Mar 8, 2013
Global
Miller plays with Stamkos and Kucherov.

And he put up those numbers when he played there too
It's almost like there's a different factor than the talent of Miller and Names

What about when Miller didnt play with Stamkos and Kucherov?

Miller on the Rangers playing on the 3rd line: 41 points

Namestnikov on the Lightning playing with Stamkos and Kucherov: 43 points.

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ
The more I think about it, the more it seems that Miller was moved for two reasons - 1) the Rangers were not interested in giving him a long term deal, and 2), there were locker room issues that, aside from the onion ring incident, we as fans were not privy to. I think it’s becoming clear that Gorton was not happy with the leadership of the team, and has made a big effort to target more players with strong leadership and character, most notably Andersson, Howden and Lindgren.

I’ve always liked Miller as a player, and it’s going to suck watching him blossom in TB. The question becomes, did Gorton undersell his value?

Reactions: Rongomania

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad