Confirmed with Link: Vladimir Tkachev to Attend NYR Development Camp

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
WOW, I didn't even realize Tkachyov was a rookie...he put up some SERIOUS numbers. Could be quite the gem if we get him signed.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
He's not eligible to sign a contract until May of next year but I hope the team doesn't screw this one up

Would very much like this kid in the system

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
WOW, I didn't even realize Tkachyov was a rookie...he put up some SERIOUS numbers. Could be quite the gem if we get him signed.

Panarin-esque at a similar age.

He certainly would become our top forward prospect if we signed him.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
He certainly would become our top forward prospect if we signed him.

that may be a bit overboard
he's 5'10", 152#

but there is a lot to like
that he had 2 seasons in the Q is a positive

anyway, he is not available for 2 more years,
and as seen with Zaitsev, Mozik, etc,
just because they decide to spend July 4th week being wined and dined in NYC area doesn't mean they will sign with us

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah, I think Tkachyov could be a top 6 forward, but he's also one of these really small forwards, and he doesn't play a really big game for a small player. I think its wait and see due to his profile. There are so many players his size who are very good offensively who aren't good in the NHL. You can't be sure with someone that size.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Does he need to pass through waivers if signed?

Yes. Re-entry waivers apply to players who currently don't have any ties to an NHL team. It's different for players who are already the property of teams, like Shestyorkin for the Rangers for instance.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
So there's a very good chance that if we signed him, he'd get taken by someone lower on the food chain. :(

But that rarely happens. These players sign contracts with team A, while turning down contracts with team B and C. It's the same as offer sheeting players. On paper it's possible but I don't see it happening.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Not sure the Rangers would just hand him a spot at this point. Would he sign with a team that intended to send him to the AHL? Doubtful. Even though I'd love to see if he and Chytil could develop some chemistry.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Not sure the Rangers would just hand him a spot at this point. Would he sign with a team that intended to send him to the AHL? Doubtful. Even though I'd love to see if he and Chytil could develop some chemistry.

If he wants to play right away you do it. It’s worth it to get this kid in the organization

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Yes. Re-entry waivers apply to players who currently don't have any ties to an NHL team. It's different for players who are already the property of teams, like Shestyorkin for the Rangers for instance.

Re entry waivers of any kind is such a garbage rule. We do the work to try out the guy and sign him but he can just get plucked.

Joke

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Re entry waivers of any kind is such a garbage rule. We do the work to try out the guy and sign him but he can just get plucked.

Joke

And yet, if the devils signed Kovulchuk for 8 mil right before the trade deadline (when the cap hit would be substantially less), you would probably call that a joke too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->