Confirmed with Link: Vladimir Tkachev to Attend NYR Development Camp

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I love this kid. Amazing to follow whenever I watch Admiral. He is basically a right-handed version of Buchnevich. Same age, same skillset. Tkachyov is more a playmaking winger but he likes to hold on to the puck too. This seems to be the perfect time to dig up that quote by Pedrie "You can't score if you pass the puck" :laugh:

A bit small but times are changing. Small players seem to find a way to perform if they have the talent, and Tkachyov has the talent.

He also doesn't seem the shy away from making a risky play, again... Same as Buchnevich. Sure, it will cause a turnover here and there, but you need players who are willing to take a risk. That's why Hayes, Miller and Kreider just aren't cutting it in the play-offs right now. They play it safe. He is signed for another year but him being invited to training camp is a good indication of what might come.

If we can sign him, it gives us another great prospect which is what we need. He already has experience playing on NA-sized rinks, having spent a few years in the CHL. I really like the new direction this team is taking. No longer shying away from Russian players. That's where the talent lies, especially these days with the current structure in place in Russia. With the KHL, MHL, and VHL they have a very decent system to develop players. Tkachyov had offers from Chicago and Edmonton last year but he decided to stay with AV. Currently he is signed until 2018.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
I love this kid. Amazing to follow whenever I watch Admiral. He is basically a right-handed version of Buchnevich. Same age, same skillset. Tkachyov is more a playmaking winger but he likes to hold on to the puck too. This seems to be the perfect time to dig up that quote by Pedrie "You can't score if you pass the puck" :laugh:

A bit small but times are changing. Small players seem to find a way to perform if they have the talent, and Tkachyov has the talent.

He also doesn't seem the shy away from making a risky play, again... Same as Buchnevich. Sure, it will cause a turnover here and there, but you need players who are willing to take a risk. That's why Hayes, Miller and Kreider just aren't cutting it in the play-offs right now. They play it safe. He is signed for another year but him being invited to training camp is a good indication of what might come.

If we can sign him, it gives us another great prospect which is what we need. He already has experience playing on NA-sized rinks, having spent a few years in the CHL. I really like the new direction this team is taking. No longer shying away from Russian players. That's where the talent lies, especially these days with the current structure in place in Russia. With the KHL, MHL, and VHL they have a very decent system to develop players. Tkachyov had offers from Chicago and Edmonton last year but he decided to stay with AV. Currently he is signed until 2018.

Let me also mention that there was a bit of a "head-case" issue with him while he was draft eligible. In his three year tenure of being draft eligible, he combined a massive 139 penalty minutes (both in season and in playoffs) in only 112 games (<- this stat is combined with CHL, MHL, VHL and KHL play prior to this season). That is not good, especially being known more for offense rather than for two-way/defensive play. This past season, he seemed to have calmed down and focused on his game amassing only 20 PIM in 54 games (again both in season and in playoffs).

I like the gamble here.

He was also around 5'7" while draft eligible. He is now 5'10".

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
I feel that. Trying to find videos of this Tkachev was hard because when you type the name in on youtube, its nothing but the guy that plays for AK Bars. :laugh:

:laugh:. Yea, I figured. The other one is a good player too but I like the smaller one. I don't know if you are familiar with Nikita Gusev from SKA but I feel he is a similar player to him. What I don't get is if he has another year on his KHL deal, why are they able to bring him over to camp now?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He's really small, small to the point where you have to wonder if he can play in the NHL. I've got nothing against small players, but not every talented small player can pull off their game in the NHL.

Also, attending our development camp doesn't mean that we will sign him. Bereglazov attended Arizona's development camp last year, signed with us this year. Zaitsev attended our development camp twice, signed with Toronto. I'm not sure there's much correlation between attending development camp and signing for that team. Maybe there's a slight advantage.

But yeah, he'd be a good addition. Talented player, for sure.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Your last video might be the other Tkachev. The guy who scored the goal in the last video was a lefty.

These are the numbers Tkachyov has used for Russian national teams:

2012-13 Russia u18: #21
2012-13 Russia u19: #29
2012-13 Russia Selects: #14
2013-14 Russia Selects: #19
2014-15 Russia u20: #10

The game in the video is of a game played on 08/13/2012, for the World Junior A Challenge. However... The goal was assisted by Romantsev, who never played with the younger Tkachev in the Junior Challenge games.

That last video is definitely the 1993 born Tkachyov. I don't know why I just did this. Sorry. My OCD kicked in

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY

The game in the video is of a game played on 08/13/2012, for the World Junior A Challenge. However... The goal was assisted by Romantsev, who never played with the younger Tkachev in the Junior Challenge games.

That last video is definitely the 1993 born Tkachyov. I don't know why I just did this. Sorry. My OCD kicked in

Lol. Why are they bringing him into camp if they can't sign him now? What advantage does this present? Plus why would Admiral allow this?

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere

:laugh::laugh::laugh: All good, man!!

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
Lol. Why are they bringing him into camp if they can't sign him now? What advantage does this present? Plus why would Admiral allow this?

There is no transfer agreement with the KHL and NHL, so players can come and go as freely as the CBA for both leagues allow it. Zaitsev, for example, came over to two NYR development camps while under contract with CSKA.

In regards to bringing him in for camp, I think is to simply look at the potential. If the Ranger's front office think he has potential for the future sweater, then they'll try to make a deal. If they do sign him, though, it would be until after his current deal with Admiral is up because I don't think there is an NHL-out clause to his deal, currently.

Also, I know of Nikita Gusev very well (player-wise). I can see the similarities. Think Gusev has more game-breaking ability, though. If you check out the draft thread we tend to talk about these players a lot!! :)

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
There is no transfer agreement with the KHL and NHL, so players can come and go as freely as the CBA for both leagues allow it. Zaitsev, for example, came over to two NYR development camps while under contract with CSKA.

In regards to bringing him in for camp, I think is to simply look at the potential. If the Ranger's front office think he has potential for the future sweater, then they'll try to make a deal. If they do sign him, though, it would be until after his current deal with Admiral is up because I don't think there is an NHL-out clause to his deal, currently.

Also, I know of Nikita Gusev very well (player-wise). I can see the similarities. Think Gusev has more game-breaking ability, though. If you check out the draft thread we tend to talk about these players a lot!! :)

I am gonna need to pop on that draft thread then! Thanks Bones

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Interesting indeed a good news drop in middle of a depressing 2-0 series. :)

boxhamster

Jun 30, 2015
Germany
That should be the new way for the Rangers. Get young players from the leagues of Russia, Finland and Sweden. They are cheap ( No Draft picks ) and hungry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->