Vladimir Tarasenko (NHL) Discussion Thread (IV)

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
Fabbri wont stick if Yeo has a Hitchcock mentality towards centers. Im no system designer but if they can shift the defensive forward responsibility towards Schwartz/Steen then Fabbri and Tarasenko/Schenn can focus going forward.

From what I heard, Yeo likes speed at center, which is the main impetus behind the Fabbri experiment. It's possible he wants that speed so the center can be even more reliable defensively, but my guess is that he wants a more potent counter-attack.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
From what I heard, Yeo likes speed at center, which is the main impetus behind the Fabbri experiment. It's possible he wants that speed so the center can be even more reliable defensively, but my guess is that he wants a more potent counter-attack.
I dont know how exactly he will plan to use him. My point was I hope he doesn't expect David Backes level stuff.

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
Seeing all our injuries, like last year, he will have to put the offense on his back for us to stay competitive.

And with that, we need Allen from March last year.

HighNote

Just one more Cup
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
I feel like some people are just assuming we're now a bubble team because of these injuries. The only big long-term injuries are Fabbri and Berglund. Sanford isn't ready and likely would not have made any impact IF he even made the team. Steen and Bouwmeester are gone for just weeks. With those guys gone, we've still got Tarasenko, Schwartz, Stastny, Schenn, Pietrangelo, Parayko in the way of skilled, difference makers. And the depth after those guys isn't bad (Sobotka, Barbashev, Edmundson, etc.)

I'm down in the dumps, too, about Fabbri and all, but look how we play without him last year. If a guy like Tarasenko, Schwartz or Pietrangelo, or Parayko went down, then I'd start getting nervous.

kreele

Oct 12, 2017
After watching the first four games the teams look entirely different. Dump and chase has been mostly eliminated. The option to go with a younger and faster core offensively and defensively is only going to help Tarasenko this season. More speed, more play makers, more goals for Tank.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->