Vladimir Tarasenko (NHL) Discussion Thread (IV)

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Leafs fan coming in peace. I love Tarasenko. He's slowly creeping up to Patty Kane as my favourite player. I'm hoping if we end up drafting Laine, that he turns into the same kind of player that Vladdy is. Such a game breaker and elevates his game to a different level when need be.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
Leafs fan coming in peace. I love Tarasenko. He's slowly creeping up to Patty Kane as my favourite player. I'm hoping if we end up drafting Laine, that he turns into the same kind of player that Vladdy is. Such a game breaker and elevates his game to a different level when need be.

Tarasenko is awesome. But Patrick Kane is a bum.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri

As a Blue's fan I am excited that we finally have a talented goal scorer like Tarasenko. We haven't had a legitimate sniper/scoring threat like him in a long time.

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
This is what I have always loved about St. Louis fans and also Kansas City fans. We love our players, but we want our players regardless of the sport to be good players at their sport, but we also expect them to be good sports and citizens in the community. We don't want players that are great athletes, but not good citizens.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
This is what I have always loved about St. Louis fans and also Kansas City fans. We love our players, but we want our players regardless of the sport to be good players at their sport, but we also expect them to be good sports and citizens in the community. We don't want players that are great athletes, but not good citizens.
Like Leonard Little

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Like Leonard Little

I always thought that was a major mistake, but not near as bad as a lot of other sports franchises. Just look at the Dallas Cowboys, they have had more convicted criminals on their roster than almost anyone in the league with the only exception maybe being the Raiders back in the day, lol. Cincinnati Bengals??

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
The Chiefs did have one, but then he killed himself in the parking lot so that kind of solved the problem for them.

Haha yikes man...little dark, eh?

Back on topic tho, just rewatched the Tarasenko vs Kesler scrap and laughed out loud at the replay of Lehtera's crosscheck on Viratanen :laugh:

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Haha yikes man...little dark, eh?

Back on topic tho, just rewatched the Tarasenko vs Kesler scrap and laughed out loud at the replay of Lehtera's crosscheck on Viratanen :laugh:

Yeah, it was a little dark, but it occurred just after he had killed his girlfriend. So he was a murderer. So, self-correcting.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I'd take Patrick Kane being on the team over David Backes' community service 520 times out of 10.

timtindall

May 10, 2013
st. louis
I always thought that was a major mistake, but not near as bad as a lot of other sports franchises. Just look at the Dallas Cowboys, they have had more convicted criminals on their roster than almost anyone in the league with the only exception maybe being the Raiders back in the day, lol. Cincinnati Bengals??

How about that Vikings party boat? Yikes

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Interesting segment tonight on KMOX when Panger was talking about Vladi's meeting prior to the game about his recent play. I'm glad to see he responded to the critique he received about him standing around too much. He played very well last night.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
It's still weird to me, why did he all of the sudden start standing around too much if he's not injured? Why would that meeting even have to take place? I get that nobody's perfect but it seems like Tarasenko should know by now what works for him, he was an electric player that basically just went into a shell for a month. For what reason? He's always seemed too smart and too hungry to do that.

He did play well last night but he's on pace for not even 70 points now. He has less goals than Marchand and less points than Blake Wheeler. Those guys are good players and Tarasenko is obviously still really good, but I want a lot more than that.

Maybe the stress of carrying the team got to him though, so I'll cut him some slack as you never know what goes on in these guys' heads. I'm sure it is tough. I guess I'm just greedy that I want this guy to be a PPG player. We didn't have a truly elite player for a long time before him so I want his stats to be top 10 in the league. He has the ability.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
It's still weird to me, why did he all of the sudden start standing around too much if he's not injured? Why would that meeting even have to take place? I get that nobody's perfect but it seems like Tarasenko should know by now what works for him, he was an electric player that basically just went into a shell for a month. For what reason? He's always seemed too smart and too hungry to do that.

Maybe the stress of carrying the team got to him though, so I'll cut him some slack

He did play well last night but he's on pace for not even 70 points now. He has less goals than Marchand and less points than Blake Wheeler. Those guys are good players and Tarasenko is obviously still really good, but I want a lot more than that.as you never know what goes on in these guys' heads. I'm sure it is tough. I guess I'm just greedy that I want this guy to be a PPG player. We didn't have a truly elite player for a long time before him so I want his stats to be top 10 in the league. He has the ability.

I expect his grandpa to keep this kind of thing from happening. Come on Gramps, get with it!

nicholas89alex

Nov 16, 2012

He did play well last night but he's on pace for not even 70 points now. He has less goals than Marchand and less points than Blake Wheeler. Those guys are good players and Tarasenko is obviously still really good, but I want a lot more than that.

Maybe the stress of carrying the team got to him though, so I'll cut him some slack as you never know what goes on in these guys' heads. I'm sure it is tough. I guess I'm just greedy that I want this guy to be a PPG player. We didn't have a truly elite player for a long time before him so I want his stats to be top 10 in the league. He has the ability.

This is complete speculation but maybe he was told not to use all his energy in the regular season but only knows how to give it all or stand around no middle ground

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad