2- Josh Donaldson (3B) - R
3- Justin Smoak (1B) - S
4- Randal Grichuk (RF) - R
5- Kendrys Morales (DH) - S
6- Russell Martin (C) - R
7- Curtis Granderson (LF) - L
8- Aledmys Díaz (SS) - R
9- Kevin Pillar (CF) - R

I think there is a good chance Solarte could start at SS to get his switch hitting in the lineup. Very likely Granderson leads off the way he has been hitting in the spring and how well he hits against RHP.

Reactions: Anthrax442

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
Just noticed that the Cleveland Indians selected Nick Madrigal in the 2015 draft in the 17th round and 514th overall but didnt sign him. At that time Shapiro was President and Ross Atkins was the VP of Player Personnel where he served as Farm Director in 2014.

Madrigal is expected to be a top 10 pick... was talk of being 1st overall too but with his latest injury he should be bumped down but likely a top 15 pick at worse and there has been rumors that the Jays were/are interested.

Just thought it was an interesting tidbit to share.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
My GUESS for the Jays;

1- Devon Travis (2B) - R
2- Josh Donaldson (3B) - R
3- Justin Smoak (1B) - S
4- Randal Grichuk (RF) - R
5- Kendrys Morales (DH) - S
6- Russell Martin (C) - R
7- Curtis Granderson (LF) - L
8- Aledmys Díaz (SS) - R
9- Kevin Pillar (CF) - R

I think there is a good chance Solarte could start at SS to get his switch hitting in the lineup. Very likely Granderson leads off the way he has been hitting in the spring and how well he hits against RHP.

I'd be happy with that lineup, or even a slight variation (i.e. Pearce DHing or Solarte playing 1B\2B\3B with Smoak\Travis\Donaldson DH'ing).

My guess:
1. Granderson (LF) - L
2. Travis (2B) - R
3. Donaldson (3B) - R
4. Smoak (1B) - S
5. Martin (C) - R
6. FatMo (DH) - S
7. Grichuk (RF) - R
8. Pillar (CF) - R
9. Diaz (SS) - R

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
I'd be happy with that lineup, or even a slight variation (i.e. Pearce DHing or Solarte playing 1B\2B\3B with Smoak\Travis\Donaldson DH'ing).

My guess:
1. Granderson (LF) - L
2. Travis (2B) - R
3. Donaldson (3B) - R
4. Smoak (1B) - S
5. Martin (C) - R
6. FatMo (DH) - S
7. Grichuk (RF) - R
8. Pillar (CF) - R
9. Diaz (SS) - R

I can dig it against righties. Against a lefty either move everyone up a spot, swap Pearce in for Grandy, or swap Grandy with Pillar in the lineup if they wanna keep using Grandy.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I just think that Boston and NYY are not perfect teams, not by a long shot, and I think that one of Baltimore or Toronto could surprise by finishing ahead of one of those teams.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

My guess:
1. Granderson (LF) - L
2. Travis (2B) - R
3. Donaldson (3B) - R
4. Smoak (1B) - S
5. Martin (C) - R
6. FatMo (DH) - S
7. Grichuk (RF) - R
8. Pillar (CF) - R
9. Diaz (SS) - R

My guess too....it’ll take a lot of hits to move runners around the bases. I hope they don’t planto win by the long ball again.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Our lineup is not great but it can definitely be above average. In my opinion, it's good enough to carry us to the post season if we stay healthy and our pitching staff perform to their potential.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
2 years ago Jose Reyes' corpse was still the starting SS, the bench was Dioner Navarro, Steve Tolleson and Danny Valencia and the bulpen included Redmond, the worst version of Aaron Loup, Redmond again, and Colt ****ing Hynes

4 years ago the opening day roster employed:

Drew Hutchison
Dustin McGowan
Todd Redmond
Jeremy Jeffress
Esmil Rogers
Colby Rasmus
Josh Thole
Maicer Izturis
RYAN GOINS AS THE STARTING 2B!
Moises Sierra

5 years ago we had JPA and Henry Blanco as the catching tandem, Emilio Bonifacio, Maicer Izturis, and Mark DeRosa manning some combo of 2B/3B

The top end of the roster may not be as flashy, but the bottom end is also not nearly as bad. It's a fine starting lineup for now. Besides, it's just a starting lineup. Who knows how things change between now and any random point in the future.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
There is what? Only 1 legit 30 home run threat? I don't buy into Smoak at all. Most of them are just hopes and prayers. If Travis stays healthy maybe we have another above average hitter.
Since the 30 home run benchmark is what you’ve highlighted, it’s possible that the Blue Jays could have 4 players hit between 25-30 homers this season with Donaldson, Morales, Smoak, and Grichuk.

Not to mention that the Pearce/Granderson should be good for over 20 as well. This offence isn’t the type they have had in previous years, but I believe it will do just fine.

Reactions: phillipmike

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
There is what? Only 1 legit 30 home run threat? I don't buy into Smoak at all. Most of them are just hopes and prayers. If Travis stays healthy maybe we have another above average hitter.

The may have more scoreless innings than the 2016 team with no where near as many HRs

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Since the 30 home run benchmark is what you’ve highlighted, it’s possible that the Blue Jays could have 4 players hit between 25-30 homers this season with Donaldson, Morales, Smoak, and Grichuk.

Not to mention that the Pearce/Granderson should be good for over 20 as well. This offence isn’t the type they have had in previous years, but I believe it will do just fine.

I hope you're right. Maybe I am underestimating them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad