Visitor's Locker Room (Ticket talk, Restaurants, Fantasy Questions, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
I'd also look into staying in Crystal City if I were you. Metro Center is definitely closer, but Crystal City might be significantly cheaper, right by the airport, and is only 5 Metro stops away from Verizon.

As for the bar to go before the game, I guess it depends what you're looking for (good food, long beer list, good cocktails, etc.).

I have no idea the rate the poster is getting, but FWIW, the Grand Hyatt has some pretty good weekend rates some of the time; a recent weekend it was 99 a night on a Friday and Saturday night when I checked for a friend. Agree about not needing to stay right downtown, but if a good rate there are some benefits as a tourist to being downtown.

useref15

Oct 11, 2009
New Jersey
Is anybody selling decently priced seats for February 25th vs the Rangers? I'll be taking the megabus from NY to DC and I'm looking for tickets for the game. I'll be staying at the Hampton Inn near the Convention center. Please PM me if you have 2 tix available for face or a bit above.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
What are some parking options for a game? Normally I just take the metro in, but the fiancé is coming and she isn't what I would call a city person to put it mildly. :laugh: Also, I don't mind a walk.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
wanna visit DC and catch playoff match

I'm considering the visit to the USA. Aiming playoffs at the Verizon.

The visa seems not to be the problem.

I've got some questions about tickets.

How expensive could it be for 1 game (I think I rather buy cheap tickets for several games)?

How can I get them?

Can I get them at all? =)

What are my chances?

I will try to get the long term visa (like for 2 years) and then wait for opportunity (like ECF or smth that cool). If the opportunity will present itself then I need tickets.

PS: Do you guys ever meet in real life? =)

MortUWary

Registered Loser
Jul 19, 2007
I'm staying with family in Arlington next weekend. I've looked at Stubhub, eBay and Ticketmaster TicketExchange, but haven't really liked anything I've seen.

Can anyone advise me on the best way to get 4 tix for the 2/25 Caps vs. Rangers game for somewhere between $300 and $375?

sldyer1

Nov 6, 2008
I'm staying with family in Arlington next weekend. I've looked at Stubhub, eBay and Ticketmaster TicketExchange, but haven't really liked anything I've seen.

Can anyone advise me on the best way to get 4 tix for the 2/25 Caps vs. Rangers game for somewhere between $300 and $375?

You've tried the places I would recommend. I'd also look at Craig's List.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
You are looking in the right places, along with the one recommended above.

Context: It's a Friday night, premium home game (highest tier in Caps tiered pricing system), against the NYR and the first home game in almost 2 weeks.

More context: The next Friday night/weekend games after the 2/25 game aren't until mid-March. It is possible you may find a STH who wants to sell given the Caps recent performances, but the weeknight games after that against the Isles, Blues and Oilers are going to be the more reasonably priced games with tickets available, not a Friday night game against the NYR. Looking at your avatar I assume you are a NYR fan so all I can say is good luck finding tickets, but if you find them, I hope you have a good experience outside of watching your team lose :)

MortUWary

Registered Loser
Jul 19, 2007
You've tried the places I would recommend. I'd also look at Craig's List.

You are looking in the right places, along with the one recommended above.

Looking at your avatar I assume you are a NYR fan so all I can say is good luck finding tickets, but if you find them, I hope you have a good experience outside of watching your team lose :)

Thanks for the info. For what it's worth, despite losing to the Caps in the 1st round of a playoffs a few years back, I've got nothing against the Caps. I'm a Rangers fan, but also a tremendous hockey fan with respect for GMGM (former NYR player, of course) and Ovechkin. I just hope I don't put my wife in danger when I rock my Rangers #68 jersey at the Verizon Center :sarcasm:

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Demand for Caps games now exceeds supply, which is to say that every game has sold out for a couple of years now. Demand for Rangers games is even greater than the norm, and a premium game on the tiered pricing grid, so while stub hub and ticketmaster resellers and such will make ticket availability a non-issue, you are likely to have to shell out a pretty penny to attend those games. It's the price, on a per ticket basis, of going to high-profile games and not the Atlanta and the Florida games in a ticket package or season's ticket arrangement.

I'd say that outside Pittsburgh, NYR is the most expensive Caps ticket, or neck and neck with Philadelphia among teams in the East. Buffalo is up there too. Tops has to be Detroit, given the number of transplants and the once-in-three-years wait for Caps-Red Wings games. Detroit, Pittsburgh, then NYR.

MortUWary

Registered Loser
Jul 19, 2007
Wanted to say "thanks" again for the info. We'll be in Sec. 421 tonight. I will be wearing Rangers gear, but will be well behaved in your house. Nothing worse than drunken idiots cheering for the opposition and antagonizing folks... Not my style, especially when I'm with my wife. Good luck (but not too much).

UnPLEASED Anton

Jul 26, 2007
Cary, NC
Heading up for the game tomorrow from NC. Will be staying at the Four Points Sheraton which is NW of the Verizon Center.

We are planning on walking to the game from the hotel, does anyone think this would be an issue? Also, are there any good places to get a decently priced beer on the walk or around the arena?

Thanks!!

Foy

Jun 6, 2006
Heading up for the game tomorrow from NC. Will be staying at the Four Points Sheraton which is NW of the Verizon Center.

We are planning on walking to the game from the hotel, does anyone think this would be an issue? Also, are there any good places to get a decently priced beer on the walk or around the arena?

Thanks!!

The walk to the arena will be a bit of hike (8 blocks or so), but it doesn't go through any particularly bad areas, as far as I'm aware.
I would walk along K over to 7th street and head south along there. Between I and G there will be plenty of watering holes. Nothing around there is particularly cheap though.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs

Thanks!!
A block east of your hotel:

http://www.beckdc.com/

Not particularly cheap, but terrific food and a pretty large selection of (mostly Belgian) beers.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I have two extra tickets to Caps @ Flyers on Tuesday. Section 217A, row 12 (nosebleeds). Anyone interested? Would be sweet to have some more red sweaters in the building.

blasimon

Jun 26, 2006
Washington, DC
Thoughts on this? Just got this by e-mail (after giving them my deposit for 2 seats a month or two back). $2500/year for 1 standing room ticket? Are they kidding?
---
Due to overwhelming demand for season tickets, we are now offering a Standing Room Only (SRO) loge full season ticket opportunity. As a valued Caps full season ticket deposit holder, we would like to remind you of this first purchase opportunity for the 2011-12 season. The following are some additional details regarding these SRO locations:
SRO Loge locations are $2,550 each for the 2011-12 season. With a 2011-12 full season commitment, you will also have the opportunity to purchase that location for the 2011 Stanley Cup playoffs.
All standing room only ticket sales are final. If you purchase these seats you are committing to them for the 2011-12 season. There are no refunds, exchanges or relocations available.
  • These SRO locations are not are not eligible for relocation at our 2011 Select-A-Seat event.
  • Standing room only tickets do not provide access to the Acela Club Level.
  • Standing room only tickets will be located along the platforms above loge sections 104-107 and 115-118. These locations are marked with a solid white line.
  • Tickets will be printed with an assigned section, space number, and all fans are required to stay within their assigned location while in the platform area.
  • Any fan with a standing room only ticket attempting to move to a location other than the specified location assigned to the ticket holder could be subject to forfeiture of his or her ticket(s) and ejected from the game.
  • There will be Verizon Center and Capitals staff stationed on the standing room only platforms throughout the game to monitor the areas and to assure that these guidelines are being followed by all fans.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I got that early in the week....seriously....anyone willing to buy standing room only for those prices...is a a fool in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad