Visitor's Locker Room (Ticket talk, Restaurants, Fantasy Questions, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foy

Jun 6, 2006
it's usually "Row A" upstairs, but some sections get weird.

Valhoun*

it's usually "Row A" upstairs, but some sections get weird.

Thanks, I got tickets that I think are pretty decent. Hopefully the Verizon Center doesn't have a family friendly section that I accidentally bought tickets to, haha.

wingscapsfan

Dec 22, 2009
got tickets to the devils game. I was wondering whether seats at the lower bowl row k was over the glass. Last year I was sitting closer to the glass and had a hard time seeing the other end.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
What section? The edge of the higher sections of glass (at the ends) would be right around K or so, maybe another row above that.

bonzaibondra12

Feb 13, 2010
Rockville, MD
I have tickets to Monday's game vs. Tor. They are Sec. 402 (center mezz), row G, and seats 6 and 7.

I live in Rockville for pickup before Mon. If someone would like to purchase them off me, give me a pm.

I just found out I couldn't go so I am offering them around.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Anyone know where the Eat Wonky poutine truck sets up before Caps games? Chinatown Arch? Portrait gallery corner, opposite the box office, etc?

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Sadly enough, I added that feed a little while back. They do a good job both there and on their website of posting their schedule, just not pinpointing where they set up. I figure it can be anywhere from the box office, to the corner, down to the Arch, along 7th and F Streets.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
The 2 places I have seen the trucks, can't say they were both Eat Wonky

- at the corner of 7th and F just past Hotel Monaco
- on 7th Street near the intersection with G Street; on the side of the street the arena is on, sort of outside Clyde's or right above there on 7th.

brs03

Coo coo ca cha!
Jun 2, 2008
Maryland
They usually seem to go for 7th and F, in front of the portrait gallery. They really just go wherever they can find a spot though it seems.

Last game they were at 7th and G, because F had all its parking taken up by that holiday market or whatever that was.

EDIT: And they do usually tweet where they park once they're there (before 5).

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
So I got approved for some time off and Im thinking of using it to head to DC (never been there before) and catch the Sens-Caps game in January. Yes I know its sad Im posting this on xmas (Im stuck working until 6am, it sucks I know) so I was just curious of any suggestions. Im also some sort of masochist as the Sens are pretty terrible this year and the Caps are still a high octane team. Still want to check out the facilities/city though too.

Right now the hotel Im looking at is the Grand Hyatt at Metro Center, if anyone knows of it any opinions are welcome. Im only staying for the night so it probably isnt that important. I guess the other thing would be some ideas on a bar to check out before the game near the arena, and any other suggestions. Ill probably check out the white house as Ive never seen it before. Thanks again and Merry Xmas!

edit: Just read the first page, if you have any opinions on what bars would be best before the game, much appreciated.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
I'd also look into staying in Crystal City if I were you. Metro Center is definitely closer, but Crystal City might be significantly cheaper, right by the airport, and is only 5 Metro stops away from Verizon.

As for the bar to go before the game, I guess it depends what you're looking for (good food, long beer list, good cocktails, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->