Visiting Fan's Guide to Nashville & other local areas & Parking Updates II

Bongo

Feb 7, 2007
Atlanta
Thanks Jonesy for the Pete Weber hookup. I was able to pause the game to get it in sync with the radio and it was so much better than the NBC crew. I plan to do the same thing for the Finals. Do you guys have game dates yet? If there's a weekend game, I expect a bunch of Atlanta folks will come up and hang out. I know I will.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Thanks Jonesy for the Pete Weber hookup. I was able to pause the game to get it in sync with the radio and it was so much better than the NBC crew. I plan to do the same thing for the Finals. Do you guys have game dates yet? If there's a weekend game, I expect a bunch of Atlanta folks will come up and hang out. I know I will.

Nashville games are:
Sat. June 3
Mon. June 5
Sat. June 11 (Note that CMA Fest goes June 8-11)

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
I'm glad I learned about the stadium parking this season. We've parked there a few times over the past few weeks and it has been so easy to get out of there. Plus free parking and some exercise are always good.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
I'm glad I learned about the stadium parking this season. We've parked there a few times over the past few weeks and it has been so easy to get out of there. Plus free parking and some exercise are always good.

Too bad it likely won't be available for game 6 with CMA Fest in town.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
With that game on a Saturday during CMA Fest there's no way I'm not Ubering downtown even though it'll probably cost like $90

Um don't you like myself work on the northern part of downtown? I thought you normally parked at work and walked. That's what I will likely end up doing.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Um don't you like myself work on the northern part of downtown? I thought you normally parked at work and walked. That's what I will likely end up doing.
Well, I do, I'm just under the assumption that I won't want to have my car because I live 15 miles outside of downtown but truth be told that's probably a better idea to just park there and deal with the car on Sunday.

Buckeye79

Apr 28, 2017
Smashville
Here is a bit of planning information for June 3. There are SEVERAL events in downtown Nashville that day. Parking will be extremely difficult:

1. Sold out concert at Ascend Amphitheater
2. Preds game
3. Sold out concert at the Ryman
4. Walking Dead Convention (Walker Stalker) at the Music City Center. They are expecting 20,00 attendees.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Here is a bit of planning information for June 3. There are SEVERAL events in downtown Nashville that day. Parking will be extremely difficult:

2. Preds game
4. Walking Dead Convention (Walker Stalker) at the Music City Center. They are expecting 20,00 attendees.
Holy

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN

2. Preds game

5. Typical Nashville summer Saturday night on Broadway

Might as well add it to the list.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN

2. Preds game

Maybe we'll just come downtown around June 2...

Glad I have a parking pass for Pinnacle, but I'm still going to get downtown as early as I can. I wonder if they'll factor all these events in and try to get an afternoon game?

Buckeye79

Apr 28, 2017
Smashville
Maybe we'll just come downtown around June 2...

Glad I have a parking pass for Pinnacle, but I'm still going to get downtown as early as I can. I wonder if they'll factor all these events in and try to get an afternoon game?

I have a parking pass for MCC. Like Adzy, i may need to get downtown on June 2 if only to wait to get into the garage. :rant:

I doubt if there will be an afternoon game. NBC/NHL prefer evening games for the ratings and $$$.

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu

I park in Pinnacle as well but I've always wondered how they allocate our passes so as not to over fill the garage.

Anyway, you can always tell when new people are parking there. They'll creep up and through each lower level thinking that they'll see an open space. Just drive straight up to level three, at the minimum, and go from there.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I park in Pinnacle as well but I've always wondered how they allocate our passes so as not to over fill the garage.

Anyway, you can always tell when new people are parking there. They'll creep up and through each lower level thinking that they'll see an open space. Just drive straight up to level three, at the minimum, and go from there.

Yeah, for me it's level 4 so I can avoid backing into the space. :laugh:

I'd say they have a general idea how many passes have been sold for each venue for each event and sell other spaces to general public accordingly. I have seen it closed for all but pass parking. One time I was about 20 minutes late and it was full and parking closed, but I had a pass. They sent me to the lower level, so I guess that's their contingency parking. I was so lost trying to get out of there, didn't know the pattern!

Bongo

Feb 7, 2007
Atlanta

2. Preds game

Fook! No wonder my $70 a night room is $165. Does anyone know of a no tell motel where they rent rooms by the hour. That might be my only chance.

cjerina

Nov 5, 2008
Is there a "fan guide" for the arena? Trying to figure out what (if any) restrictions there are for cameras, purses, etc.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Fook! No wonder my $70 a night room is $165. Does anyone know of a no tell motel where they rent rooms by the hour. That might be my only chance.

Uh huh. (Well of COURSE I know!) It's even fairly close to the arena on Hermitage/Lebanon Rd right past Fessler's Lane near Mt. Olivet Cemetery. I think it's $29/3 hrs. so you're not going to save much. :laugh:

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Well, if it wasn't that the wife's car already had the issues with the remote starter freezing the car up, and the price of transport down getting prohibitive, that clinches it for me. :(

...However, I am free sometime in late July for an off-season get together...

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Well, if it wasn't that the wife's car already had the issues with the remote starter freezing the car up, and the price of transport down getting prohibitive, that clinches it for me. :(

...However, I am free sometime in late July for an off-season get together...

Sounds good JW! Let us know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad