Visiting Fan's Guide to Nashville & other local areas & Parking Updates II

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
How tough is it to get out of that Titans lot (generally speaking)? I definitely don't mind that walk especially with weather like we're supposed to have tonight.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
How tough is it to get out of that Titans lot (generally speaking)? I definitely don't mind that walk especially with weather like we're supposed to have tonight.
It's not usually hard getting out of the lot. The roads around it heading towards the interstates can get a little clogged but the actual lot is fine.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Glad to see you guys handle business against CHI. Will be exciting to be in Nashville and see some of the games at the local spots.

Last edited:

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
We want to try and go to one of the viewings outside of the arena. Anything we should know about that?

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Back from my quick 5 day trip to Nashville.

Had a lot of fun, did a lot a major cities in the USA and I would say Nashville is up there in the top 3 even before a city like New York. Love the atmosphere.

First day we spent the day downtown, j cash museum, stores on broadway, hall of fame.
Second day downtown again because of the nice weather, we did the ryman visit, studio b, went to walk around Nissan stadium etc.
Third day we went to see Vanderbilt and Tennessee u just for fun, park with the parthenon, had our show at ascend on that night also, great outdoor show, great venue. Nashville swept chicago that night, was expecting a big party downtown but maybe I was too late. Got my son a PK jersey.
Fourth we went to see the jack daniels distillery, have to say, great visit, worth the drive.
Five we went shopping and saw the new grand opra. That shopping mall (opry mills) is something special, all the great stores at the same place. Wife was really happy, credit card not so happy.

I tried a lot of different restaurants, martin's was really good thank you guys (ribs, mac and cheese), really like the wildhorse also, baked potato and brisket was on perfect.

Our hotel was in Brentwood, drive downtown was nice and easy, even with traffic. Brentwood is a really nice place. I assume it's where people with money stay outside of Nashville? Went to see a football practice at the brentwood academy also.

Overall, I would do it again

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Our hotel was in Brentwood, drive downtown was nice and easy, even with traffic. Brentwood is a really nice place. I assume it's where people with money stay outside of Nashville? Went to see a football practice at the brentwood academy also.

Overall, I would do it again
Brentwood is a pretty wealthy area as a whole. A lot of athletes and musicians live there among others. I know Subban and Mike Fisher/Carrie Underwood live there as well. So, yes, as far as I know if you're on the Preds or Titans you generally live in Brentwood if you're outside of Nashville. If you're an NFL fan at all, seeing a football practice at Brentwood Academy is ironic because the 5th pick by the Jaguars in last year's draft, Jalen Ramsey, played there.

Regarding you not seeing a lot of Preds fans I heard a story from a guy at work that had a hard time sleeping for a bit because he could hear a lot of people nearby at bars celebrating. I don't know what time you were there but inside there was certainly a party.

Glad you had a good time.

Last edited:

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Butchered, this is just from reports (never gone to watch a game outside) but I think if you either bring a chair or a blanket to sit on you'll be fine, so long as it doesn't rain. There's plenty to eat/drink nearby but I've heard people say you can bring a cooler and that they had beer in there. Whether it's true or not is anyone's guess. Maybe someone else on here has done so.

Classless--always love to get a review of our city. Sounds like you had a great time. Just so you know, Tennessee State University (TSU) is not the same school as the University of Tennessee (it's around 3.5 hrs to the east). Brentwood has a lot of nice homes but there are plenty of similar areas in the city. There are some pretty dicey areas, too, but on the whole it's a pretty good place to live.

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
Butchered, this is just from reports (never gone to watch a game outside) but I think if you either bring a chair or a blanket to sit on you'll be fine, so long as it doesn't rain. There's plenty to eat/drink nearby but I've heard people say you can bring a cooler and that they had beer in there. Whether it's true or not is anyone's guess. Maybe someone else on here has done so.

Classless--always love to get a review of our city. Sounds like you had a great time. Just so you know, Tennessee State University (TSU) is not the same school as the University of Tennessee (it's around 3.5 hrs to the east). Brentwood has a lot of nice homes but there are plenty of similar areas in the city. There are some pretty dicey areas, too, but on the whole it's a pretty good place to live.

You are right, should've said the volunteers, incredible when you compare the difference between the number/quality of facilities and what we have here in Canada.

I got out of the show at 10:30 walked from the ascend to the 8th, I guess I missed the party on Broaway, normally in montreal people would'have set cars on fire :sarcasm:

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
If you were still in Nashville, it was the TSU Tigers. UT Knoxville is the home of the Volunteers (my alma mater!)

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
If you can't get the game on the app, try using the Tune In app instead. It has every game running through its feed, home and away options. To my knowledge they're not blocked.

Jonesey

R.I.P. Steve AKA Pred303
Feb 17, 2009
Tennessee
Wouldn't the app be blacked out from playing the game?

No idea, I haven't tried it during a game in a long time.

If you can't get the game on the app, try using the Tune In app instead. It has every game running through its feed, home and away options. To my knowledge they're not blocked.

I use this app a lot for out of town games but never have tried to use it for one of ours.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
No idea, I haven't tried it during a game in a long time.

I use this app a lot for out of town games but never have tried to use it for one of ours.

I am fairly sure I used Tune In coming back from Athens AL one time. Until you get past the hills to somewhere between Cornersville and Lewisburg the station just won't come in for me.

But in case my memory is just its usual faulty self, another idea is to check for an unblocked radio feed via NBC Sports.

Don't quite understand the logic behind the station's own app blocking it, guess it's NHL rules but why would they let stations stream it at all, then?

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Oh my gawd, if the Cup Final goes to the 11th, that's at home. Last day for CMA Fest. Last day of Bonnaroo.

#allthebooze :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->