Visiting Fan's Guide to Nashville & other local areas & Parking Updates II

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I thought that was 99% of the fans down there? When I watched a game versus the Wild earlier this season, the Wild TV people mentioned the booing. It was kind of hard to hear them, the background noise was SO LOUD!
The people who do it don't hold back and they let it be known. A lot of people don't do it though. Myself included.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I don't, but only because it seemed to make the Wild double down and score in retribution for their misjudged teammate.

I'm booing him internally.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
So looks like we're going to be coming out there for a vacation at the beginning of May, staying with some of my wife's family in Brentwood. Anybody that's a fellow history buff that can give me the scoop on the reachable battlefields in the area? I have Franklin, Stones River, Shiloh and possibly Chickamauga/Chattanooga on my list. Anything in the area that I'm missing or anything I should know about for traveling to/visiting those sites?

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I am an out of towner, but I did stop at the Battle of Nashville Monument Park. It is about of mile south of Belmont University at Granny White Pike and Battlefield Drive. It is small park just south of I-440. The oak tree near the statue was there the day of the battle in 1864. It isn't as famous as Shiloh or Chickamauga, but it is still a Civil War battle site and closer to your location.

drew5580

Sponsor
Jan 6, 2007
Hey everyone. My wife, myself and another couple are sabres fans coming down for the game on 3/30. We are coming down Thursday and staying at the Omni hotel. We’ve never been to Nashville. How’s that hotel/ part of town? Suggestions on what to do & where to go? Appreciate any help!

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Hey everyone. My wife, myself and another couple are sabres fans coming down for the game on 3/30. We are coming down Thursday and staying at the Omni hotel. We’ve never been to Nashville. How’s that hotel/ part of town? Suggestions on what to do & where to go? Appreciate any help!
That's right in the middle of everything you think of when you hear about Nashville. Just go outside and you'll figure it out pretty quickly. You're a block from Lower Broadway and the arena where all the popular hangouts are. The Country Music Hall of Fame is also next door if that's your thing.

And it's one of the best hotels in town. In fact I think visiting teams may stay there at times so the Sabres may be.

Last edited:

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Kitchen Notes is one of the restaurants at the Omni and it's really good. I had a combo of fried chicken and hot chicken (it's listed separately but you can mix and match) and it was so much food I couldn't eat it all. Macaroni is really good, too.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
So I just got an email from the Preds re: parking for the playoffs. Pinnacle Garage is now $16/game, MCC $15/game, Baptist church $26! I am pretty sure I've been paying $9 or $11/game at Pinnacle. That's ridiculous. And my friend who parks at Nissan told me recently that the parking had changed over there. The old R Lot where we'd park is now rented out or something like that so you have to park in a different lot that is smaller. I may just Uber instead.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
We typically do MCC at $15 for regular games so may just go ahead and do it for playoffs. I don't want to risk getting gouged or unable to find a spot.

I haven't had any trouble parking over at Nissan though. That new event venue connected to Pedestrian Bridge (The Bridge?) may be what is taking up some of the parking spaces though.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
We typically do MCC at $15 for regular games so may just go ahead and do it for playoffs. I don't want to risk getting gouged or unable to find a spot.

I haven't had any trouble parking over at Nissan though. That new event venue connected to Pedestrian Bridge (The Bridge?) may be what is taking up some of the parking spaces though.
I forget what he called it, Permission Parking or something like that. You had to have a certain sticker to be able to park there. It isn't the Bridge parking. That's across the street, but it may have been the new parking area. He parked on the street over there.

You're right. I'll just pay the $16 I guess.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
So looks like we're going to be coming out there for a vacation at the beginning of May, staying with some of my wife's family in Brentwood. Anybody that's a fellow history buff that can give me the scoop on the reachable battlefields in the area? I have Franklin, Stones River, Shiloh and possibly Chickamauga/Chattanooga on my list. Anything in the area that I'm missing or anything I should know about for traveling to/visiting those sites?
@Pred303 is the person to talk to for sure.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Hi Guys Sabres fan here, I’m coming down to Nashville the first week of June. Are the bars busy on weekdays or just weekends? hotels look pretty pricey, and recommendions on where to stay?

I’m really hoping you guys are still in it when I’m there, it would be amazing to be able to see that atmosphere.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Hi Guys Sabres fan here, I’m coming down to Nashville the first week of June. Are the bars busy on weekdays or just weekends? hotels look pretty pricey, and recommendions on where to stay?

I’m really hoping you guys are still in it when I’m there, it would be amazing to be able to see that atmosphere.

If you're not coming for cma fest 7-10 of June, well you've wandered into one of the times locals avoid downtown. Look at that and see what is going on downtown, it will be crowded and insane.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
If you're not coming for cma fest 7-10 of June, well you've wandered into one of the times locals avoid downtown. Look at that and see what is going on downtown, it will be crowded and insane.

I would actually be coming May 26th-29th. I’m not interested in it being insanely crowded as long as the bars are busy and the music is good.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I would actually be coming May 26th-29th. I’m not interested in it being insanely crowded as long as the bars are busy and the music is good.
You'll get that. During the summer it's going to be hopping downtown and you can find all types of music. Some is better than others of course, but if you don't like it leave and go a couple of doors down. You'll find something you like.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Ok- this is going to be a random, odd question, but here goes

Anyone know of a good place to run in the Franklin/Cool Springs area- or near there?

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Hey all! I’m a Bruins fan staying in downtown from today through Thursday night. Where would be a good place to go out that would be definitely showing the Bruins-Leafs?

I had heard a place called Valentines(?) has a big Bruins influence but have no idea if that’s true haha.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Hey all! I’m a Bruins fan staying in downtown from today through Thursday night. Where would be a good place to go out that would be definitely showing the Bruins-Leafs?

I had heard a place called Valentines(?) has a big Bruins influence but have no idea if that’s true haha.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Batter'd and Fried in Five Points

Reactions: N o o d l e s

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->