Visiting Fan's Guide to Nashville & other local areas & Parking Updates II

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Thanks for the tips! We've found ourselves parked at Bootleggers Inn on Broadway. They have jalapeno liquor that made me distinctly aware of several wounds in my mouth.
Now is the time for you to enjoy the hot chicken. You're sufficiently prepped.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
As a younger man I'd jump right in for.the experience but I do worry that they'll f***ing murder me now.

That being said I'm probably gonna eat some soon. We are getting a dinner in Rippys across from this thing called Bridgestone Arena. Do they play a sport there?

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Yeah, they play this hockey ball thing. Uses a scrunched up frisbee and people SKATE...on ICE.

It's kinda weird.

Look, I'm a mumbly mumbly year old woman and I can eat hot chicken. My mother didn't believe in spices, either...you can do this. To be honest I just had the real thing for the first time a few months ago. It's been around but wasn't a "thing" til recently. But it's deserving of thing status.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Yep, I already had it for lunch. Damned good. It's the sneaky spice, not in your face like Buffalo.

You'd probably like checking out the War Memorial, too, on 7th. It's a performance hall and I don't think there are any concerts going on while you're in town, but the building itself and the Youth statue in particular are pretty neat.

william-snodgrass-tennessee-tower-behind-bronze-victory-statue-at-E6HAWX.jpg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
You'd probably like checking out the War Memorial, too, on 7th. It's a performance hall and I don't think there are any concerts going on while you're in town, but the building itself and the Youth statue in particular are pretty neat.

We saw that stuff on a map but haven't swung by. We've pretty much limited ourselves to Broadway because apparently paying a lot to drink to get free live music is our jam. We did a tour of the Opry today.

Unsure of what the plan for tomorrow is. It'll be our last day. Let me know if you're around. Or else.

Reactions: ThirdManIn

NSH615

Sponsor
Feb 13, 2013

I walk by/through there every weekday going to/from work. I work in the building in the background.

Reactions: ThirdManIn

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
We saw that stuff on a map but haven't swung by. We've pretty much limited ourselves to Broadway because apparently paying a lot to drink to get free live music is our jam. We did a tour of the Opry today.

Unsure of what the plan for tomorrow is. It'll be our last day. Let me know if you're around. Or else.
As an Uber driver currently I'm generally downtown with time to kill so who knows haha. You didn't ask me but still.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Don't know if it qualifies as a "local area," but anyone have thoughts on Chattanooga? Considering applying for a position at the community college out there.
I've been to the area around the Chattanooga Choo Choo and it's very nice. My photographer friend from HS has lived there for at least 10 years and loves the area. Other than that, really haven't been there all that much.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I love Chattanooga, my favorite restaurant is there. Tony's is damn good if you like good italian. It's up in the art district next to Rembrandts behind a carriage house.

Xyram Dock

Mar 1, 2018
free parking is pretty much extinct in the Broadway area but there are some cheap alternatives.
the Nashville Public Library lot is just a few blocks away, open 24 hours and after 6:00PM and weekends is only $8.
you can also park across the river at Nissan Stadium Lot R and either walk across to Broadway or take the shuttle for $3 roundtrip.

I've done the former but never the latter.

ParkIt Downtown Nashville :: Parking Options :: Bridgestone Arena Event Parking

Last time I parked on 714 Churst St which was not very far . One hour is just 5$ so it´s not bad. Take a look at Best Nashville Parking. Compare & Save Up to 75% | Parkvel if you want to see more.

Wfulbrig

Mar 9, 2018
Me and my wife have been watching hockey since the beginning of last season. I had just been hooked on hockey and watched every single game I could. After a month or two I decided that the Preds were MY team. We are from Greenville, South Carolina and are attending our first game, as stated above, on March 27th. We have never been to Nashville so I thought I'd reach out on the internet to see if any fans want to show us around. We are really excited. Our seats are in section 107 and we will be there as soon as the doors open. If it is relevant, we are 21+.

Reactions: PerdFan and Pred303

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
I'll be out-of-town so I'm unable to assist, but welcome to Nashville.

You'll have an absolute blast at the game. Make sure to come back and give us teh report on your experiences.

Reactions: Wfulbrig

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I definitely will. If you have any pointers for first timers I'm all ears.

I'm assuming you're staying the night and will already be in your hotel room before the game. My best advice is just get out and wander around lower Broadway the afternoon before the game. That is a significant part of Preds game day experience for an out of town visitor. Numerous bars and restaurants with varying atmosphere so you should be able to find something that suits you.

Reactions: Wfulbrig

Wfulbrig

Mar 9, 2018
Thanks guys. We are getting to Nashville the Sunday before the game and leaving on Wednesday. Will definitely be checking out Tootsie's and experiencing some Hot Chicken.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Tootsie's is for tourists (which I guess you are). Robert's is the place to be! Granted it has also turned into a tourist spot like basically everything else on lower Broad I guess.

Martin's BBQ is great.
Party Fowl is my favorite hot chicken spot but some prefer others (Hattie B's for example).

Some people like to boo Suter when he has the puck so please enjoy if that's your thing!

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Tootsie's is for tourists (which I guess you are). Robert's is the place to be! Granted it has also turned into a tourist spot like basically everything else on lower Broad I guess.

Martin's BBQ is great.
Party Fowl is my favorite hot chicken spot but some prefer others (Hattie B's for example).

Some people like to boo Suter when he has the puck so please enjoy if that's your thing!

I thought that was 99% of the fans down there? When I watched a game versus the Wild earlier this season, the Wild TV people mentioned the booing. It was kind of hard to hear them, the background noise was SO LOUD!

Reactions: cjerina

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->