Visiting Fan's Guide to Nashville & other local areas & Parking Updates II

ViperXX79

Aug 10, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
So after calling three times I finally got a hold of a rep. She found a jersey on the floor in my wife's size that I can customize and order over the phone. I'm not sure what was so difficult with the other rep I talked to.

Reactions: Adz

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
So after calling three times I finally got a hold of a rep. She found a jersey on the floor in my wife's size that I can customize and order over the phone. I'm not sure what was so difficult with the other rep I talked to.
How much? Did they have you buy a blank and then buy the heat press?

Late to the party but I actually just went through this whole process myself. Trying to get a size 46 men's authentic Arvidsson jersey for my wife. I first went to the pro shop two weeks ago and the only sizes they had were XL 3XL and 5XL. Called back last Monday and was told they don't have any and that they have an order in but no idea when it was going to be filled. Called back the day after that and they had six size 46es. Went down right when I got off the phone and got a blank one and paid to have them stitch on Arvidsson. 10 f***ing weeks they said. Whatever, I told them to do it. Better than giving her the blank in one week and having to go back down there and start the process from scratch. They even said heat press would be a couple weeks. When I had my Hornqvist jersey customized I did it during an intermission. f***ing insane they can't turn those things around faster.

NSH615

Sponsor
Feb 13, 2013
Late to the party but I actually just went through this whole process myself. Trying to get a size 46 men's authentic Arvidsson jersey for my wife. I first went to the pro shop two weeks ago and the only sizes they had were XL 3XL and 5XL. Called back last Monday and was told they don't have any and that they have an order in but no idea when it was going to be filled. Called back the day after that and they had six size 46es. Went down right when I got off the phone and got a blank one and paid to have them stitch on Arvidsson. 10 ****ing weeks they said. Whatever, I told them to do it. Better than giving her the blank in one week and having to go back down there and start the process from scratch. They even said heat press would be a couple weeks. When I had my Hornqvist jersey customized I did it during an intermission. ****ing insane they can't turn those things around faster.

I wonder if part of the delay is backlog due to it being the first year of the new jerseys league wide.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
I would recommend against the heat press. Find a blank, contact Exclusive Pro Sports to see what their customization timeline is. They are the current customization shop for the gamers so if you want it done to match what is on the ice, get with them.

18670902_1336895266394950_550673001251662255_n.jpg

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Late to the party but I actually just went through this whole process myself. Trying to get a size 46 men's authentic Arvidsson jersey for my wife. I first went to the pro shop two weeks ago and the only sizes they had were XL 3XL and 5XL. Called back last Monday and was told they don't have any and that they have an order in but no idea when it was going to be filled. Called back the day after that and they had six size 46es. Went down right when I got off the phone and got a blank one and paid to have them stitch on Arvidsson. 10 ****ing weeks they said. Whatever, I told them to do it. Better than giving her the blank in one week and having to go back down there and start the process from scratch. They even said heat press would be a couple weeks. When I had my Hornqvist jersey customized I did it during an intermission. ****ing insane they can't turn those things around faster.

Don't get me started on this whole issue. I have been posting about it for quite awhile, and I have been meaning to send an email to Predsident or whoever else will listen to complain. When i do I will be using your story as one of my examples.

Absolutely completely ridiculous that it is so difficult to buy a customized Preds jersey from the team. If you want a Subban or Josi, you have a decent chance of getting what you want. Other than that, forget it. I am in the market for an Arvidsson adult jersey and a Forsberg youth. Think I have any shot at getting that in the next 2 weeks?? 4 weeks?? No chance.

Last game I went to they did not have a single Arvidsson customized jersey in the entire store. And forget finding any youth jerseys except maybe a Subban. IT MAKES NO SENSE.

It is the worst I have seen in any pro sports team store. At the very least you should be able to walk into the team store at any game and buy a stitched customized jersey from any of our top 6 or so players. Including youth. The fact that the only way you can do it is order one and wait several weeks is just asinine. Completely eliminates impulse buys- people want to walk in buy a jersey and wear it at the game.

I was wanting to spend over $400 on jerseys but I guess the Preds just don't want my money.

And it is not a new problem- it has always been this way. The past couple of years it was a running joke with us that 90% of the jerseys in the team store were XXL and up- jerseys that only about 5% of the people who buy them could wear.

I am going to send an email complaining about this soon- it is a huge pet peeve of mine.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
That is some gangster name eh? What is he known by in the neighborhood? Dommy Nose? Nicky Nose? I hear people who complain about jerseys to him have a habit of, ya know, disappearin..

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
My Forsberg was there but they never called me to let me know. I finally called them as I had been waiting a long time. Game nights are hopeless. Then when you go to pick it up they are unorganized. They could use some 5S to help that out. Plus additional training for their team members. I wasn't upset or anything but they could save themselves some grief.

Delaware North may be part of the reason it's this way. Not sure how much the Preds org deals with the inventory in the shops.

And yes, they get the shipment's of personalized sweater's at random intervals. Guess the supplier just ships them as they complete them. They don't know when yours will be shipping if you ask. Only general terms or unknown.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Well, I sent my "complaint/feedback" email regarding jersey sales. Will be interesting to see if I get a reply......

NSH615

Sponsor
Feb 13, 2013
Back to the main topic of this thread ... how bad is the parking lately? Fight it or just Uber to the game Thursday?
depends on where you park. I park at the stadium and have no issues. The one thing to take into consideration is they now use the lots for parking for downtown businesses so parking can be tricky depending on what time you arrive, meaning you have to time the arrival at the parking lot with people leaving work. I have never used Uber, but I have heard horror stories about outrageous prices around games. Someone said they were charged surge prices, and IMO avoiding those fees makes fighting traffic worth it.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
On nights where the Titans' stadium is closed parking downtown is a nightmare. I will be taking Uber tonight as it is supposed to rain.

NSH615

Sponsor
Feb 13, 2013
On nights where the Titans' stadium is closed parking downtown is a nightmare. I will be taking Uber tonight as it is supposed to rain.
And that is what the shuttle is for. Much Much Cheaper.

And in regards to the stadium, they aren't closed very often. Usually only on Saturdays when TSU is playing or another event is going on at the stadium. I have had no issue with those dates either as they post it way ahead of time on their website. On those days, I just buy a parking pass from the team.

https://www.parkitdowntown.com/parking/bridgestone-arena-event-parking

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
And that is what the shuttle is for. Much Much Cheaper.

And in regards to the stadium, they aren't closed very often. Usually only on Saturdays when TSU is playing or another event is going on at the stadium. I have had no issue with those dates either as they post it way ahead of time on their website. On those days, I just buy a parking pass from the team.

ParkIt Downtown Nashville :: Parking Options :: Bridgestone Arena Event Parking
An Uber from my front door to the front door of the arena is $8. Not too worried about breaking the bank with surge pricing on a rainy Tuesday night.

NSH615

Sponsor
Feb 13, 2013
An Uber from my front door to the front door of the arena is $8. Not too worried about breaking the bank with surge pricing on a rainy Tuesday night.
That's $16 round trip, not too bad, but I've heard of people paying $50 for an uber to a Preds game. I just don't trust Uber/Lyft as their prices change by the second.

That's $16 round trip, not too bad, but I've heard of people paying $50 for an uber to a Preds game. I just don't trust Uber/Lyft as their prices change by the second.

Maybe on a Saturday night if there are multiple other events. We always take our time getting out of the arena and either go to the Hilton or Tavern '96, have a beer, and 30 mins after the game is over there's no surge pricing and tons of cars available.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Hi guys! My girlfriend and I are doing a quick weekend trip to Nashville for my birthday in February. We'll be there Friday night and leave Sunday night. We are thinking of staying downtown. Is getting to a game easy? I'm hoping to cram plenty of classic tourist attractions, music, food, and a hockey game all in about 48 hrs. Is this achievable downtown? Or do you think I'd be pushing it schedule wise. If we don't have to rent a car I'd rather not. Nashville faces the Rangers at home on Saturday 2/3. Let me know if you have any suggestions on what to do! (I will read through this thread soon)

NSH615

Sponsor
Feb 13, 2013
Hi guys! My girlfriend and I are doing a quick weekend trip to Nashville for my birthday in February. We'll be there Friday night and leave Sunday night. We are thinking of staying downtown. Is getting to a game easy? I'm hoping to cram plenty of classic tourist attractions, music, food, and a hockey game all in about 48 hrs. Is this achievable downtown? Or do you think I'd be pushing it schedule wise. If we don't have to rent a car I'd rather not. Nashville faces the Rangers at home on Saturday 2/3. Let me know if you have any suggestions on what to do! (I will read through this thread soon)
If you aren't expecting to get a ticket last minute, yes. The arena is downtown right in the middle of all the touristy bars, so you could do a game, then visit a bar or two afterwards to get the touristy Broadway experience.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
^And you should DEFINITELY experience touristy Broadway at least once!

Depending on where you're staying downtown it should be no problem--if it is, there are some freebie buses that loop around the city so you can hop on that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->