Visiting Fan's Guide to Nashville & other local areas & Parking Updates II

ViperXX79

Aug 10, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
So I was hoping you guys could help and I figured this was the best thread to put my question in. I'm trying to get my wife a Preds jersey for Christmas. The NHL shop doesn't sell women's size jerseys and I am having trouble finding a decent site that does. If I get her a Men's jersey what size should I get. She's typically in the S/M range for women. What Men's size would be best for her? Small? I don't want it to be too baggy on her.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
So I was hoping you guys could help and I figured this was the best thread to put my question in. I'm trying to get my wife a Preds jersey for Christmas. The NHL shop doesn't sell women's size jerseys and I am having trouble finding a decent site that does. If I get her a Men's jersey what size should I get. She's typically in the S/M range for women. What Men's size would be best for her? Small? I don't want it to be too baggy on her.
Can you call the Preds Pro Shop? I think they sell them. I know some here in the past have successfully called them and ordered from them.

I can't find a link with a Pro Shop phone number, but if you call Fan Relations they may be able to get you the number. Or contact them on Twitter. I know they reply there.

Twitter: Predators Team Store (@PredsProShop) | Twitter

ViperXX79

Aug 10, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
I wasn't sure I could call them or not. I did direct message the Preds store on Twitter though. I'll try reaching out to Fan Relations and see I they have the number. Thank you!

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Can you call the Preds Pro Shop? I think they sell them. I know some here in the past have successfully called them and ordered from them.

I can't find a link with a Pro Shop phone number, but if you call Fan Relations they may be able to get you the number. Or contact them on Twitter. I know they reply there.

Twitter: Predators Team Store (@PredsProShop) | Twitter

I have posted about this a bunch in the jersey thread but I will just again state that it is a huge pet peeve of mine how difficult the Preds make it to buy jerseys. If you want a blank men's jersey, or a customized Josi or Subban, it is no problem. But anything other than that it is not. Blows my mind that you can't just walk in the team store during a game and buy any of our popular player jerseys. I want an Arvidsson jersey and a Forsberg kids jersey. Try finding either of those without ordering it and having to wait weeks. There was not a single Arvidsson jersey in the store Saturday night.

Completely eliminates impulse buys. To me, you should be able to walk in and buy a jersey for at least Rinne, Forsberg, Johansen, Josi, Ekholm, Ellis, Arvidsson, Subban, and even Turris.

Even the Preds official webpage, if you go to the shop section the only customized jersey they offer is the cheap fanatics branded ones. That is insane!

And the fact that you can't even find a phone number for the Preds shop is crazy too.

Sorry for the rant, off soapbox

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
I'm actually trying to buy an Arvidsson authentic for my brother's Christmas gift right now and it is unbelievable difficult. Why is it so hard to stock jerseys?

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I'm actually trying to buy an Arvidsson authentic for my brother's Christmas gift right now and it is unbelievable difficult. Why is it so hard to stock jerseys?

I makes absolutely no sense- and it has always been this way.

Does anyone know of a good contact for something like this? I am ready to complain/offer feedback to someone I just don't know who to contact....

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
(615) 770-2335 is the number listed,
(615) 770-2402 is a number they called me from when my jersey came in.

My daughter got a 46--a Small. I think that would probably fit your wife fine if she is of normal woman size, i.e. size 6 - 10 but if she's 5 feet tall and wears a size 6 I'd get an XS--I think that's a size 44. I got a 50 (Medium) and it's very roomy.

Also seconded on @PREDSident.

I mentioned to him on Twitter that it was *really* loud in the arena one night and he got it adjusted during intermission and then asked me if that helped.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
(615) 770-2335 is the number listed,
(615) 770-2402 is a number they called me from when my jersey came in.

My daughter got a 46--a Small. I think that would probably fit your wife fine if she is of normal woman size, i.e. size 6 - 10 but if she's 5 feet tall and wears a size 6 I'd get an XS--I think that's a size 44. I got a 50 (Medium) and it's very roomy.

Also seconded on @PREDSident.

I mentioned to him on Twitter that it was *really* loud in the arena one night and he got it adjusted during intermission and then asked me if that helped.

Yeah, he is really good about fan relations. I was hoping to find a contact in the retail side of things but may as well start at the top- I am going to put together an email to him about the jerseys

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Appreciate this. She's 5'4 and usually between size 6-8 sometimes smaller. Sounds like a Medium would be a little too baggy for her.

It definitely would be. I am about 5' 10" male and average weight and though I wear a L (52) because I like it roomy, a M (50) also fits me.

Reactions: ViperXX79

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Yeah, he is really good about fan relations. I was hoping to find a contact in the retail side of things but may as well start at the top- I am going to put together an email to him about the jerseys

I think that second phone number I listed was the person in charge at the Pro Shop. It was a woman, sorry don't remember her name!

Viper--I would definitely avoid a Medium. I can easily wear a Small and I'm big upstairs. ;-)

Reactions: ViperXX79

ViperXX79

Aug 10, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
So I finally got through to someone at the Pro shop. They were completely out of women's sizes. They are getting more in January I guess. The few authentic jerseys they have are in such a limited supply that they will only sell those if you are physically there with a ticket to the game. Seems like a pain in the butt just to get a jersey. No one wants my money.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
So I finally got through to someone at the Pro shop. They were completely out of women's sizes. They are getting more in January I guess. The few authentic jerseys they have are in such a limited supply that they will only sell those if you are physically there with a ticket to the game. Seems like a pain in the butt just to get a jersey. No one wants my money.
Sounds like a case of launching a new product and having a supply bottleneck. I had that happen with a cell phone once. I wanted to buy it outright as I was still under contract and the store refused to sell it to me unless I signed up for a new line.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham

Wait, what??? You were just trying to order a men's jersey and they wouldn't do it?? Are you trying to order a customized one?? They have a ton of blank jerseys in the store.

That makes no sense whatsoever. Completely ridiculous- they have a ton of blank jerseys in the store. Why can't they take an order for a customized one?

Last edited:

ViperXX79

Aug 10, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
Yeah she told me that since there was a limited supply of those customizable jerseys that they would only be available to people physically in the store that had a ticket to the game.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Yeah she told me that since there was a limited supply of those customizable jerseys that they would only be available to people physically in the store that had a ticket to the game.

That is completely ridiculous. Were you trying to order one that they would have to make, or one that was already made and ready?

If they would not even let you order one (that they would have to have customized) to me that is inexcusable. There is no supply/demand issue there.

They should give you a free jersey at this point for that horrendous customer service.

I am putting together an email to Sean Henry about this whole topic and I will definitely be including this.....

ViperXX79

Aug 10, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
That is completely ridiculous. Were you trying to order one that they would have to make, or one that was already made and ready?

If they would not even let you order one (that they would have to have customized) to me that is inexcusable. There is no supply/demand issue there.

They should give you a free jersey at this point for that horrendous customer service.

I am putting together an email to Sean Henry about this whole topic and I will definitely be including this.....

I honestly didn't really even get to be specific. I told the woman that answered the phone that I was looking for a jersey for my wife for Christmas. She promptly told me that they were out of women's sizes and wouldn't have any until January. She mentioned they had men's authentic jerseys. I asked about what size I should get for her and asked if I could order over the phone. She told me I could order over the phone but that's when she told me about the limitation and how I needed to be there at 5:30 when they opened with a ticket to the game. Very frustrating. She's been wanting a jersey for a while and I thought it would be a cool gift. We live in Atlanta so I can't exactly stop by the arena.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I honestly didn't really even get to be specific. I told the woman that answered the phone that I was looking for a jersey for my wife for Christmas. She promptly told me that they were out of women's sizes and wouldn't have any until January. She mentioned they had men's authentic jerseys. I asked about what size I should get for her and asked if I could order over the phone. She told me I could order over the phone but that's when she told me about the limitation and how I needed to be there at 5:30 when they opened with a ticket to the game. Very frustrating. She's been wanting a jersey for a while and I thought it would be a cool gift. We live in Atlanta so I can't exactly stop by the arena.

That just makes it that much worse. Absolutely no reason why they can't take an order- none.

Do you want a specifc player?? It is pretty easy to find a Josi/Subban jersey in just about any size. Sport Seasons/Cool Hockey are two places you can get them online. I got my Subban jersey through Sport Seasons and it is $60 cheaper than the team store.

ViperXX79

Aug 10, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
That just makes it that much worse. Absolutely no reason why they can't take an order- none.

Do you want a specifc player?? It is pretty easy to find a Josi/Subban jersey in just about any size. Sport Seasons/Cool Hockey are two places you can get them online. I got my Subban jersey through Sport Seasons and it is $60 cheaper than the team store.
I was probably going to get Rinne. Are they good quality?

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
I was probably going to get Rinne. Are they good quality?

The ones from Sport Seasons are identical to what you would get in the team store- just got my Subban last week

EDIT- unfortunately do not see Rinne on the Sport Seasons website- only Josi/Subban

ViperXX79

Aug 10, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia
The ones from Sport Seasons are identical to what you would get in the team store- just got my Subban last week

EDIT- unfortunately do not see Rinne on the Sport Seasons website- only Josi/Subban
Cool hockey has one I'd like but the they are out of smalls and they wouldn't ship it until the 28th. I think I'm just going to have to pass on a jersey for Christmas. I might try to call the team store again and see if I have any luck with a different rep.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Cool hockey has one I'd like but the they are out of smalls and they wouldn't ship it until the 28th. I think I'm just going to have to pass on a jersey for Christmas. I might try to call the team store again and see if I have any luck with a different rep.

You should definitely do what someone mentioned above- contact Sean Henry and tell them they would not let you order a jersey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad