Virginia Beach inching closer to an arena

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
You don't build an 18,000 seat arena in the hopes of getting an ECHL team. That's an NBA, NHL, or bust move if your intent is to build a sports arena (unless they're pulling a Sprint Center and are perfectly fine without an anchor tenant).

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
You don't build an 18,000 seat arena in the hopes of getting an ECHL team. That's an NBA, NHL, or bust move if your intent is to build a sports arena (unless they're pulling a Sprint Center and are perfectly fine without an anchor tenant).

I just cannot see this happening. The Norfolk-VA Beach area might be the only metro in the country that has tried at least once for all 4 major leagues and has nothing to show for their efforts. They were for the longest time the largest metro w/o any of the 4 major leagues but I think Austin has surpassed them.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere

I don't think the top leagues would go there. I guess it's not impossible but without a trial of a preseason game you'll never know. But they don't have a place for a trial run. They should dumb it down. They could stick arena football or something else in there. Maybe they should take the 1 off and put an 8. I hope they negotiate this and look a little more into it and try to not lure for the fantasy of a top league.

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country

I made a NBA expansion idea with the Hampton Roads area getting a NBA expansion franchise. That was considered a pipe dream, but holy *censored* it could come true. :blush:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad