OT 19/3: Closed for Renovations

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
For what it's worth I low key have the winning avatar theme but it's not my own idea. You guys are gonna have no choice but to like it. Our playoff fate sort of depends on it too

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary

giphy.gif

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
The days are finally getting longer and warmer. I love the Finnish spring and summer but the winter sucks for the most part. I would love to get the hell out of here for the winter, to a place like Florida for example :naughty:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
The days are finally getting longer and warmer. I love the Finnish spring and summer but the winter sucks for the most part. I would love to get the hell out of here for the winter, to a place like Florida for example :naughty:
How many hours of daylight do you guys have during winter?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Let's just say it's dark when you go to work and it's dark when you come back home for quite a while around Christmas. Now it's getting better.

In northernmost Finland the Sun doesn't rise for almost a month in December-January.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
During the darkest period in December, the sun is up for about three hours near the Arctic Circle where I live. Atleast I get to see the sun unlike some people higher up in the North like JoVel said. On the other hand, the sun doesn't set at all in the summer. It weird but pretty awesome at the same time :laugh:

ChemicalHansen

Feb 21, 2009
Vancouver
Not sure if anyone will care here (hopefully you hip hop heads will), but Craig Mack died. For those who don't know: he was a one hit wonder rapper whose only hit music video featured him rocking a lightning jersey, back when nobody was doing it. I'm posting it because his video sparked my interest in both hip hop and the Lightning. R.I.P.

svt46ho1wnrmsys62nbj.jpg

Reactions: Hoek

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Anybody have a nintendo switch? I have BOTW, MK8, Fifa, and SMOddysey. Any other games that are must buys? I know they are going to have a busy summer.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Anybody have a nintendo switch? I have BOTW, MK8, Fifa, and SMOddysey. Any other games that are must buys? I know they are going to have a busy summer.
I don't have the Switch, but I know it's catalog fairly well.

The Switch has become a big system for re-releases and indie darlings. The only big AAA title that you don't have on your list that a lot of people like is Splatoon 2 and Mario + Rabbids. Snipperclips and Xenoblade Chronicles deserve mention as well, but those are more niche.

Spectacle fighters are decidedly not my cup of tea, but the Switch is home to both Bayonetta games.

Well regarded indie games are Celeste, Stardew Valley, Rocket League, Shovel Knight, Cave Story+, Thumper, Sonic Mania, Binding of Isaac, VVVVVV, Shantae, SteamWorld: Heist and SW Dig, Owlboy, Crypt of the Necrodancer, Super Meat Boy, The Final Station, Darkest Dungeon, Enter the Gungeon, World of Goo, RIVE (super underrated) and Night in the Woods. These are all on PC, which is my home system, and know their reputation (and have most of them)

Reactions: CupsOverCash

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
I don't have the Switch, but I know it's catalog fairly well.

The Switch has become a big system for re-releases and indie darlings. The only big AAA title that you don't have on your list that a lot of people like is Splatoon 2 and Mario + Rabbids. Snipperclips and Xenoblade Chronicles deserve mention as well, but those are more niche.

Spectacle fighters are decidedly not my cup of tea, but the Switch is home to both Bayonetta games.

Well regarded indie games are Celeste, Stardew Valley, Rocket League, Shovel Knight, Cave Story+, Thumper, Sonic Mania, Binding of Isaac, VVVVVV, Shantae, SteamWorld: Heist and SW Dig, Owlboy, Crypt of the Necrodancer, Super Meat Boy, The Final Station, Darkest Dungeon, Enter the Gungeon, World of Goo, RIVE (super underrated) and Night in the Woods. These are all on PC, which is my home system, and know their reputation (and have most of them)

Thanks for the list! Im hoping they bring back the virtual console from the Wii U too. I sold that a while ago and bought games from there. Hopefully if they ever bring that back I can get my old games.

PC is definitely a way to go if you have some money. I would like to build a nice one someday.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Thanks for the list! Im hoping they bring back the virtual console from the Wii U too. I sold that a while ago and bought games from there. Hopefully if they ever bring that back I can get my old games.

PC is definitely a way to go if you have some money. I would like to build a nice one someday.
PC isn't normally expensive. Steam games are cheap and if you're building a PC yourself, you can get more power than the current gen consoles for the same prices. Things are crazy right now because of crypto-miners who are buying graphics cards and RAM and driving the price way, way, up.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
I have a switch but all I have is MK8.

I have played Arms and Odyssey that I borrowed from a friend.

I am looking forward to Octopath Traveler. Played the demo multiple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->