Recalled/Assigned: Vinni Lettieri recalled from Hartford (Recalled Again 1/12)

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Basically besides that DeHarnais goal and when Miller scores off the rush every 7th game, how many PPGs has that unit had? I'd be surprised if it surpassed two.

This is a chance for Lettieri to do his best Peter Bondra. Just get open and shoot on the PP. Don't ask any questions.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
He should def play on the power play. He was a real standout in the preseason and there's something to be said about adding another right handed shot to the forward group that is lefty heavy, especially with Fast being out of the lineup as well.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
He should def play on the power play. He was a real standout in the preseason and there's something to be said about adding another right handed shot to the forward group that is lefty heavy, especially with Fast being out of the lineup as well.
you'd be surprised how much help a righty can have when we are so lefty heavy

I've been saying this for some time im amazed how reliant we have become on lefty shooters, that first pp worked so well early this season because of zip being able to play the off wing to fire shoots

the 2nd unit does not have it

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Glad to see him get a look - I've liked what I've seen from this kid.

I don't see him as a big NHL point producer, but I think he has the potential to bring some good energy and modest offensive contributions to the bottom six.

Reactions: eco's bones

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
Well, certainly no ordinary weekend to make your debut. I'm sure he wouldn't have wanted to make the line-up under these circumstances, but he has got to be pumped to think his second NHL game is going to be the Winter Classic after his debut tonight.

Good luck Vinny!

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Well, certainly no ordinary weekend to make your debut. I'm sure he wouldn't have wanted to make the line-up under these circumstances, but he has got to be pumped to think his second NHL game is going to be the Winter Classic after his debut tonight.

Good luck Vinny!

Oh I imagine he's chomping at the bit....but this is the way probably the majority of players get their first shot--someone gets hurt. He might not be hoping someone gets injured but he's probably not all that unhappy about it either--as in this is his chance to show that he's capable. And anyway when Kreider's ready to come back there's a pretty decent chance that Lettieri goes back to Hartford--someone will have to unless another player gets hurt.

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
Oh I imagine he's chomping at the bit....but this is the way probably the majority of players get their first shot--someone gets hurt. He might not be hoping someone gets injured but he's probably not all that unhappy about it either--as in this is his chance to show that he's capable. And anyway when Kreider's ready to come back there's a pretty decent chance that Lettieri goes back to Hartford--someone will have to unless another player gets hurt.

Meant more in regarding the exact situation Kreider finds himself in, rather than just being out with the flu, bruised knee or such like. It's certainly the way many a player will make their debut, just gladly not normally as grizzly as it happens to be in this case.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Meant more in regarding the exact situation Kreider finds himself in, rather than just being out with the flu, bruised knee or such like. It's certainly the way many a player will make their debut, just gladly not normally as grizzly as it happens to be in this case.

Though Lettieri scored tonight and played pretty well I'd rather have Kreider in the lineup too. The blood clot thing really sucks. That could wreck his entire year and it could be the difference between the Rangers making the playoffs or not.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Really like this kid. He's got a lot of moxy and is a shoot first and don't ask questions type of player.

I think if he can stick close to his check, he can stick.

The team needs a spark like him. Plus the RH shot upfront is a needed boost.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Pretty good game by him. A lot of the subtle little details he'll improve on as he gets more reps. Reminds me f Matt Read.

Yeah before Read got the contract. Smaller frame, good hustle, good snapper with a quick release.

Read was a great PK option back in the day, but Vinny's got to show that he doesn't space out on his coverage like a Kevin Hayes out there. If he can prove that, then he sticks imo.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
It was a great debut from Vinni reward him with a top 9 role - we need guys like him who can finish plays! :)

1 game 1 goal that`s what we enjoy to see! ;)

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
It's the bye week guys...they want him back at HFD playing in their 2 games during it. He will be called back up if Hayes isn't healthy to go next weekend. I feel like they did this with Buch last year?
Yes, they did this with Buch last year when there was a sizeable gap in games.

Reactions: egelband

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
In many ways, he's my third favorite forward prospect outside of Andersson and Chytil.

While I don't project him as a top 6 guy, I think the elements of his game - namely his hustle, relentlessness and ability to chip in some points, could translate well.

Reactions: bl02

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I have really liked his game for the most part. Seems to get into good shooting areas, is quick on the forecheck, skates well, has good hands. Seems to be lacking in vision, but I don't think he's ever been that type of player.

Reactions: egelband

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I have really liked his game for the most part. Seems to get into good shooting areas, is quick on the forecheck, skates well, has good hands. Seems to be lacking in vision, but I don't think he's ever been that type of player.

Seems like a guy that would do really well with Hayes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->