Recalled/Assigned: Vinni Lettieri recalled from Hartford (Recalled Again 1/12)

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Hopefully Lettieri fits in. He's had a pretty good year in Hartford. I don't see him as ready for top 6--maybe he could push for top 9 but I'd be starting him on the 4th line with maybe some pwp time because the Rangers could use that right handed shot and he has a good one.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Is there a reason AV insists on Vesey instead of Hayes? I really don't understand it, Hayes scored nearly 50 points last season.
And it's not like Vesey is a good PP player. He's a poor passer and has very limited vision. He very often forces passes and leads to turnovers on the PP, then he tries to carry the puck into the zone and makes moves at the blue line and loses the puck and cleared down again, rinse repeat.

Hayes has much better vision and has shown more on the PP in recent years than Vesey ever has.

Vesey continues to be gifted every opportunity AV possibly can give him, but he's not shown himself capable of any of what AV imagines him as.

He's a bottom 6 mucker who, when playing well, can forecheck well and cycle and pot 12-15 goals a year.

AV needs to realize this and use him as such instead of insisting that he's actually a finesse guy who should be seeing PP time.

If this were a case of no better options it'd be different, but Hayes is right there.

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
this guy should of stayed with us to being with. he had a great preseason and it looks like he's played well in the A. good on him deserved the shot and he shoots right too?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Hopefully this shifts Miller to the right side on the 2nd powerplay unit. He's f***ing wasted in the left circle.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
Lets hope the kid makes a case to stick around, he looked dynamite in preseason and from what I've read has been great in hartford so far

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Our PP sucks right now, we gotta make some big changes to it. I think the first unit is generally okay, just not playing well. Nash can replace Kreider's spot, I wouldn't change the personnel though.

The second unit needs some changes. Lettieri should definitely be a left shot on the PP. Miller's gotta be on it, I think Desharnais should be on the unit. You need a defenseman, so McDonagh. And I also think Hayes could play a net front role on the PP. If we need another forward, Vesey. If we need another defenseman, Skjei.

I need to correct my post. I meant left half boards. FWIW, Lettieri scored his preseason PPG with Buch (cross ice feed), Miller, and Pionk. I forget the fifth guy.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I need to correct my post. I meant left half boards. FWIW, Lettieri scored his preseason PPG with Buch (cross ice feed), Miller, and Pionk. I forget the fifth guy.

There are a number of ways we can set up the PP, but having a right shot on each PP keeps the opposing PK'ers honest in the angles they take for their PK'ing.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
this is an opportunity for the kid. hes got skills and grit and a decent righty shot.

i like his game and i expect him to make shit happen.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
It will be interesting to see what Vinni Lettieri can do for us - hopefully he have some sort of chemistry with the guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad