Recalled/Assigned: Vinni Lettieri recalled from Hartford (Recalled Again 1/12)

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Es no bueno for Kreider, but Lettieri has definitely earned this promotion. He should be a nice addition to the second powerplay unit too.

Cheapshot

May 23, 2012
Very happy with who they decided to call up. Now let's see what he can do with his opportunity, maybe he can make things difficult for Gorton and co.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Good on him. I liked his preseason. Good vision and hands.

Nash-Zib-Zucc
Grabs-Hayes-Miller
Carey-Nieves-Buch
Lettieri-DD-Vesey

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
He'll probably get like 8 min a night and 4th line action the first few games, then maybe PK.

Fast will be back in like 5 games so hopefully he can have a Cally post Trade Deadline 07 impact and add a lot of energy, forecheck, and shoot first ask questions later to the 4th line.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
FWIW, I believe Pronman was raving about Lettieri earlier on this season when he was watching Chytil. Kid's got some great wheels and shoots the puck like a machine.

Reactions: egelband

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
Right handed shot. Can't underestimate that. Hope AV gives him a chance on the PP. He had a beautiful one timer from the right half boards in preseason.

Another Minnesota kid on the team. Can't underestimate that either.

Reactions: egelband

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Hopefully AV uses Vinni on PP2, that unit is desperately lacking a RH shot.

Very easy, put Vinni in Vesey's spot.

PP1:

Nash-Zib-Zuke
Shatty-Buch

PP2:

Vinni-Hayes-Miller
Skjei-McDonagh

Although, who am I kidding, it will be DD and Vesey on PP2.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Well deserved. I'd say Chytil is a better option, but it doesn't make sense to promote him at this point.

I want Lettieri on the third line. Don't want him playing 10 minutes per game on the 4th. We need to see if he can be an NHL middle 6 forward.

I'd like to see something like this.

Zucc-Ziba-Buch
Nash-Miller-Desharnais
Grabner-Hayes-Lettieri
Vesey-Nieves-Carey

When Fast returns, he can take Carey's spot.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Right handed shot. Can't underestimate that. Hope AV gives him a chance on the PP. He had a beautiful one timer from the right half boards in preseason.

Another Minnesota kid on the team. Can't underestimate that either.

Our PP sucks right now, we gotta make some big changes to it. I think the first unit is generally okay, just not playing well. Nash can replace Kreider's spot, I wouldn't change the personnel though.

The second unit needs some changes. Lettieri should definitely be a left shot on the PP. Miller's gotta be on it, I think Desharnais should be on the unit. You need a defenseman, so McDonagh. And I also think Hayes could play a net front role on the PP. If we need another forward, Vesey. If we need another defenseman, Skjei.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad