Vincent Lecavalier Versus Steven Stamkos

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
thinking about lecavalier’s playoff record… does anyone remember tampa’s 2003 playoff run well?

that regular season was the year the whole team broke out offensively. new career highs for both vinnies, MSL, richards, and boyle, all big jumps.

in the playoffs, lecavalier was on MSL’s line in the first round and they dominated washington, coming back from 2-0 to win it in six. i think marty would get most of the credit, but from the scoresheet lecavalier contributed.

in the second round, they switched richards onto MSL’s line and lecavalier did nothing, at least statistically. they lost to the eventual champion devils in five.

so between rounds, why did they break up a line that was clearly in a groove?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Peak Vinny was better than peak Stamkos. I'm not trying to downplay a guy who scored 60 goals. I'm trying to say Lecavalier as a playmaker is light-years ahead of anything Stamkos has ever done. Like, Stamkos tries to be creative. And to his credit it even works sometimes. But there is nowhere near the balance. He knew when to shoot and when to make that dazzling, jaw dropping pass. And he was flawless in his execution of both. Some nights if Stamkos isn't ripping one timers you would never know he was there

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Some nights if Stamkos isn't ripping one timers you would never know he was there

you probably saw a lot more early 2010s stankos than me but is this description really accurate for the early rocket richard stamkos? that’s not how i remember it but i wasn’t watching closely

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Lecavalier was an absolute beast at his peak.

Like most others here, I take Lecavalier for peak, and Stamkos for longevity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad