Confirmed with Link: Vincent Dunn Signed to Entry-Level Contract

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Could be a pageau with grit, which will make a hell of a player especially in playoffs.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I love taking the super-young kids with later picks. I find they're valued a little less because in many cases they're being compared to kids who are almost a year older than they are. Give some of those kids (like Dunn) a chance to catch up developmentally, and they can often turn into steals.
I think Freakonomics talks about that phenomenon. Great little market inefficiency.

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
Dunn played one game for Binghamton late last season, too little too judge although I heard a reference labeled him as a "meathead" from the locker room, lol..

And as the earlier comment about Kramer being a 'heavyweight', far from it..

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Dunn was voted the most hated player in the Q in a poll of players, coaches and GMs.

I'm far too lazy to look up where I found that.

Regardless, that's awesome. Hope he doesn't turn out like Max Laperierre though. God, do I ever hate that guy! haha

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Hopefully Dunn plays his way onto the Team Canada radar. Groulx is obviously familiar with him and TC usually brings a pest type of player.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Dunn played one game for Binghamton late last season, too little too judge although I heard a reference labeled him as a "meathead" from the locker room, lol..

And as the earlier comment about Kramer being a 'heavyweight', far from it..

I think so too, as the heavyweights to me are 6'3 or taller and 225 lbs or more.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Heard that too, and in the other minor leagues he was in, the Teams got rid of him. Apparently big trouble!

Oh well, time will tell! :sarcasm:

I don't like the sounds of this. Sounds like another Avery who lacks judgement as to what are acceptable behaviours. I was initially pleased with his selection but these reports are very concerning.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I don't see any character issues in him at all, We all know the sens wan't to stay away from that kind of stuff, if it were true Dunn wouldn't be drafted let alone signing a pro contract.

Mathieu

Aug 28, 2010
I know for a fact that he does have character issue, as I am good friend with some of his friends and it well known by anyone who grew up in the "hockey entourage" in Outaouais that character was always his problem. It's probaby the reason why he was traded out of Gatineau, as he and Reway were not getting along with Groulx.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I think he's more referring to him being terrible at fighting.

I have not seen him fight yet. I will take a look on You tube. However, I doubt he would do well against the heavyweights with their greater height, reach and strength. But there have been exceptions in the past, even though they had trouble with the major heavyweights, examples: Tie Domi, Tiger Williams.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
We need a little bit of crazy on this team.

Jam is one thing; crazy is crazy! No thanks.

I would like to see someone like Bob Probert, who could be the policeman when required while also having some hockey skills.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I checked out some of Kramer's fights on You Tube. He does not back down, tended to hold his own, but did not dominate any of the fights I saw. So, I see him as a potential policeman but I don't think he is big enough to take on the heavy weights in the NHL. In some ways he reminds me of Chris Neil. However, I did not observe his hockey skills, so my knowledge is very limited.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I checked out some of Kramer's fights on You Tube. He does not back down, tended to hold his own, but did not dominate any of the fights I saw. So, I see him as a potential policeman but I don't think he is big enough to take on the heavy weights in the NHL. In some ways he reminds me of Chris Neil. However, I did not observe his hockey skills, so my knowledge is very limited.

Kramer is a lot like Barnaby imo. He isn't a great fighter, but he's about as tough as they come. If you got points for getting punched in the face, Kramer would = Crosby haha.

I don't think he has the skills to make it in the new NHL. He won't hurt you out there, but unlike Neil, he doesn't do anything else well enough. Neil had a fair amount of skill in his prime, and is / was one of, if not the best hitter in the league.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I know for a fact that he does have character issue, as I am good friend with some of his friends and it well known by anyone who grew up in the "hockey entourage" in Outaouais that character was always his problem. It's probaby the reason why he was traded out of Gatineau, as he and Reway were not getting along with Groulx.

"Character" is a very broad term. What are we talking about here?

Is the guy a jerk? Is he just lazy? Party too much? Too big of an ego?

Need to narrow it down a bit. Some character issues can be addressed and fixed by management, some can not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad