Vince McMahon Rumored to Revive the XFL

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Vince said right at the end of the 30 for 30 that he thinks about it. I didn't think he was lying. But I also didn't think he'd ever get to do it. No idea where he would get the investors he'd seek. It's not like Vince has ever been a successful business person outside of wrestling. And since the XFL he hasn't been that great even inside of wrestling.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
While I don't think it's a good idea, it is worth noting that things may be different now. Sports channels are currently starving for content.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
While I don't think it's a good idea, it is worth noting that things may be different now. Sports channels are currently starving for content.
That will be the key if he can get a paying deal from someone. WWE is experimenting on Facebook, so that’s an option. Vince also started a new company to separate the two.

Clearly the failure of the XFL has gotten to him and feels the impetus to redeem himself. He didn’t want to shut it down the first time but he had no TV. NBC made him move way faster than he wanted to.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
In a really twisted way, this could work. You simply market the XFL as a "no baby league" with concepts that completely throw things like player safety and logic out the window. So the same thing they did last time, except this time it has ground to stand on with the NFL "softening up" according to idiots.

Basically the same garbage rethoric that put Trump in office could be in theory used to make the XFL somewhat successful. Though i'm not sure why players would choose to play there instead of a safer, more secure league like the CFL, but eh.

Edit: come to think of it, Trump probably has a hand in this. He has a bone to pick with the NFL, and he and Vince are buds. In his inferior mind he probably thinks he can help kill the NFL.

Last edited:

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Trump also hates the NFL because they didn’t let him in.

Reactions: DaveG

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
So is McMahon going to institute a "no kneeling during the anthem" rule to make his friend happy?

I actually just saw the 30 for 30 about it a few weeks ago, and McMahon seems to blame everybody except himself for the league's failure. Why would he bring it back? The phrase XFL has become a punchline for jokes about failed ideas. It would be like bringing back New Coke.

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
M6VIBKx.jpg

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
So is McMahon going to institute a "no kneeling during the anthem" rule to make his friend happy?

I actually just saw the 30 for 30 about it a few weeks ago, and McMahon seems to blame everybody except himself for the league's failure. Why would he bring it back? The phrase XFL has become a punchline for jokes about failed ideas. It would be like bringing back New Coke.

Vince has been very careful not to make reference to Trump on TV despite his wife being in his cabinet. Privately it might be different, but I doubt there would be any direct link between the two.

Vince is friends with NBC as well, where that's not going to fly.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
In a really twisted way, this could work. You simply market the XFL as a "no baby league" with concepts that completely throw things like player safety and logic out the window. So the same thing they did last time, except this time it has ground to stand on with the NFL "softening up" according to idiots.

This will never happen. This is the same man that banned one of the safest maneuvers in his realm because it was "Too easy for kids to replicate." Also the same man who has refused to let one of his biggest stars wrestle due to concussion issues, even though he's been cleared by multiple doctors.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I actually forgot they introduced the cable guided cam... That kinda did change the way we view sports. Don't think anybody else was doing it.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
hahahahaha good lord the XFL was such a joke

with that said, i'd love to see what it would be like if they revived it. my guess would be just as bad

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
So he ruined good professional wrestling, and wants to try create some awful football again?

Although Tommy Maddox is still available.....

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Vince said right at the end of the 30 for 30 that he thinks about it. I didn't think he was lying. But I also didn't think he'd ever get to do it. No idea where he would get the investors he'd seek. It's not like Vince has ever been a successful business person outside of wrestling. And since the XFL he hasn't been that great even inside of wrestling.
He's lucky wcw was so fiscally irresponsible or else he probably isn't that successful there, either.

Reactions: SniperHF

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
He's lucky wcw was so fiscally irresponsible or else he probably isn't that successful there, either.

That was definitely a big one, but not completely without his own merit. But largely, yes.

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
A league for everyone that cries about the fact you can't go helmet to helmet on every pass over the middle. In a twisted way , I could see it being a thing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->