WWE: Vince McMahon going back-and-forth on Daniel Bryan's status

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Or you can not be an idiot and just keep him around until after the Reigns push and use him later.

So keep the guy who can legitimately bring some interest to the product, the only full-timer to do so, off TV just for the Reigns push?

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Yes.

Bryan isn't a guy like Rock or Stone Cold. He's no where close to that level. He's not going to turn the entire perception of the company around instantly and bring in millions of extra viewers. He can't work magic. On top of that he's a broken man. He's doesn't have many miles left in him, if any at all.

When you've got a plan to push Reigns into the most important wrestling roll in the entire company, it makes absolutely no sense at all to then throw another roadblock in the way like Bryan. Especially when the Bryan fans are the ones who will be the hardest to win over.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Yes.

Bryan isn't a guy like Rock or Stone Cold. He's no where close to that level. He's not going to turn the entire perception of the company around instantly and bring in millions of extra viewers. He can't work magic. On top of that he's a broken man. He's doesn't have many miles left in him, if any at all.

When you've got a plan to push Reigns into the most important wrestling roll in the entire company, it makes absolutely no sense at all to then throw another roadblock in the way like Bryan. Especially when the Bryan fans are the ones who will be the hardest to win over.

The Rock and SCSA were lightning in a bottle like characters...they just so happened to overlap for the majority of their respective careers. NO ONE will be like them.

But DB is easily the most over guy on the roster, and contrary to popular belief, he does bring eyes to the product.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Yes.

Bryan doesn't need to be a guy like Rock or Stone Cold to justify bringing back because he'll move the ratings needle and make the company more money. Plus, you don't really know if he's a broken man. He had one major neck surgery like many talents have had over the years and subsequently returned. The concussion issue is likely one that's blown out of proportion based on how WWE's handled it. He could've been back in July, if not earlier. Those two things don't make a wrestler broken.

As for Reigns, DB's impact on him will be minor if DB is put into a story that makes some sense and has some substance behind it to get fans into it...like going back after the IC title. I don't think any fan here wouldn't want to see Daniel Bryan vs. Kevin Owens or Daniel Bryan vs. Brock Lesnar both of which could happen w/o the WWE title in the picture. Also, even if DB's impact would hurt Reigns, so what? You stand to gain more money and more eyeballs featuring Daniel Bryan in the WWE title picture than you do Roman Reigns right now. Besides, it's not just Daniel Bryan fans that Roman Reigns needs to win over. He is not over with casual viewers. He is only over with casual attendees.

George Binks

#MakeAnaheimGr8Again
Jul 28, 2012
I don't wanna see him back in the ring cuz of the possibility of him getting hurt again. Gotta realize the life he lives after wrestling is much longer

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Yes.

Daniel Bryan is the biggest proven ratings draw they have on the full-time roster. Any hour he was heading from the summer of 2013 onwards would be the highest rated one, and when we got segment breakdowns, his viewership gains would be bigger than anyone else's.

NO ONE will be a Rock or Stone Cold, but Daniel Bryan can bring in viewership.

Roman Reigns, in his current babyface, forced push form, is everything that is wrong with WWE.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I don't wanna see him back in the ring cuz of the possibility of him getting hurt again. Gotta realize the life he lives after wrestling is much longer

You can get hurt doing anything and you only get a limited amount of time to do what he does. I'd rather see him do it in the WWE than have him do it in the independent promotions because that's exactly what will happen. He's going to wrestle again whether people care or not. From WWE's perspective, they should be looking to capitalize on the money he can make for them while he can. Reigns will have plenty of time to develop into the star they want...or not. DB's impact on that should be negligible if they book properly.

Serac

#HFOutcasts
Jun 27, 2014
B.C.

Sure hope Orton never takes the trash out again...the possibility of him getting hurt again is too damn high !

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Despite how things usually look
Lesnar seems to be quite a safe worker

Have no problem with a Lesnar vs DB match

If you took away the irrational fears of Bryan getting injured by Lesnar and just focused on the type of story and match they could have, I think you'd get a classic match.

I'm not really talking about Lesnar injuring Bryan. With the lack of star power on the roster, you can't just put all your big talent in one match. I don't believe that match alone could sell out a Mania. Spread out the star power. I'd love to see the match, but big picture, it wouldn't be the best thing. Now, that said, THERE ARE SAFER WORKERS OUT THERE! :sarcasm::naughty:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm not really talking about Lesnar injuring Bryan. With the lack of star power on the roster, you can't just put all your big talent in one match. I don't believe that match alone could sell out a Mania. Spread out the star power. I'd love to see the match, but big picture, it wouldn't be the best thing. Now, that said, THERE ARE SAFER WORKERS OUT THERE! :sarcasm::naughty:

Lesnar/Bryan
Wyatt/HHH
Roman/Ambrose
Cena/Taker

That's not putting all your top talent in one match, although, it's sad that there are there part-timers involved in there, but oh well. WWE gonna WWE.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
Daniel Bryan is the biggest proven ratings draw they have on the full-time roster. Any hour he was heading from the summer of 2013 onwards would be the highest rated one, and when we got segment breakdowns, his viewership gains would be bigger than anyone else's.

NO ONE will be a Rock or Stone Cold, but Daniel Bryan can bring in viewership.

Roman Reigns, in his current babyface, forced push form, is everything that is wrong with WWE.
Ofc he's not Austin or the Rock, it was a hyperbole to illustrate a point.

I just think that long term plans should trump short term gains.

The fact that I think the long term plan is bad, and that I'd enjoy Bryan being back more than him not being there, doesn't matter. I can still see why the WWE would wan't to keep Bryan away from TV for while longer, even if he were healthy.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

The fact that I think the long term plan is bad, and that I'd enjoy Bryan being back more than him not being there, doesn't matter. I can still see why the WWE would wan't to keep Bryan away from TV for while longer, even if he were healthy.

Shoving Reigns down people's throats rather than giving him time for it to happen organically after a heel run is not good for their long-term plans. It makes people resent Roman and hurts his long-term drawing potential.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

The problem is that one shouldn't have anything to do with the other. I don't think fans will care one way or the other about Reigns' spot on the card if they were given something to sink their teeth into for Bryan. Quality booking can make that happen to where they can make their money with Bryan as somewhat of a draw and whatever path they want to take Reigns down. The only way keeping Bryan out for Reigns' benefit makes sense is if you actually think that Bryan's fans are really reacting to Reigns because of Bryan's spot. That's not really true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad