Prospect Info: Ville Husso (2014 Draft - 94 Overall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Particularly like how he admitted he was upset last year when he got sent down but now realizes it was probably best thing for him.

Yeap good ole maturity is a hell of a thing. We too often forget they are kids first and hockey players second.

Reactions: Blueston

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Yeah, I bow to you for that, but I'm not buying that crap athletic.
Haha I am only kidding about the ECHL stuff. I just knew how much you care about Husso and that you would probably like to read the interview. And I didn't think you had a subscription to the Athletic (which is worth the money IMO!).

FWIW Husso sounds very mature and professional in the interview. Sounds like he has a great head on his shoulders! I'm really excited to see him progress and develop as a prospect. Hopefully he can be a great #1 goalie for the Blues some day soon.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Husso is a perfect goaltender for our style of play. He tracks the puck very well and is one of the best positional goalies I've seen at such a young age. His style of play will work better than Allen's flop like a fish technique.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
He won't get a start with the way Allen has been playing but he does deserve a start for his hard work and play.

DeuceNine

Like You Read About
Aug 6, 2006
Stymieville
Husso is a perfect goaltender for our style of play. He tracks the puck very well and is one of the best positional goalies I've seen at such a young age. His style of play will work better than Allen's flop like a fish technique.
So in other words he'll play like Elliott?

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
So in other words he'll play like Elliott?
Yes he will most likely play like Elliott and Hutton do which is them relying on their size and positioning to stop pucks. Their main goal is to just stay square and swallow up any pucks or rebound them to the outside. Not overly athletic or a lot of WOW factor in their game but highly effective goalies on teams that play a tight defensive structure.

Reactions: PiggySmalls

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
I agree with the Elliott style comparison, which the Blues have flourished with (Hutton proving that again this season). I think further emphasis should be placed on him doing it at his age. Hopefully he gets a start.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
If and when the Blues fall out of the playoff race I think they should absolutely give Husso a start or two. Curious to see how he looks in an NHL game.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I need to add that Husso is 3cm taller then Elliott and 6cm taller then Hutton. I don't now what is Husso's reach, but I could swear its bigger then those boys.

So in principle Husso should cover much better then Ellioto or Hutton.

Reactions: Zamadoo

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Agree with Ransu... he is larger than past blues comparables which should equate to better net coverage. Also, I think he will be more consistent positionally than Elliott and faster side to side than Elliott.

Reactions: Zamadoo

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
I need to add that Husso is 3cm taller then Elliott and 6cm taller then Hutton. I don't now what is Husso's reach, but I could swear its bigger then those boys.

So in principle Husso should cover much better then Ellioto or Hutton.

Ya good point. I was going to mention that he makes some acrobatic saves sometimes, but without the sprawling Jake Allen crap. Could be the size factor there. I can't wait to see him take over.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Agree with Ransu... he is larger than past blues comparables which should equate to better net coverage. Also, I think he will be more consistent positionally than Elliott and faster side to side than Elliott.

Yeah, they Elliott and Hutton comparable was just their style of goaltending that seems to work well with how the Blues play. Just stop the easy shots because we don't give up very many high danger scoring chances. We just need a guy who plays a "safe" style of goaltending and Husso is on track to be that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad