Prospect Info: Ville Husso (2014 Draft - 94 Overall)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoBlues

Sentient
Oct 24, 2006
I'm not sure that Armstrong will offer Hutton a 2 year deal, and he is obviously going to get that in UFA. His age and past contracts put him in a position where he has to be more inclined to follow the security.

If Hutton goes, then what happens is all on Husso. It will be a fight between him and the new guy to be the backup next season. It might not be a fair fight, but he'll have the chance to claim the roster spot.
I can't help it, but I am starting to read your posts with a Scottish accent.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
I can't help it, but I am starting to read your posts with a Scottish accent.

200.webp

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
Well if he's playing behind Allen he'll probably get a lot more than that.

I'd like to see Husso get a shot with the big team next year. Yzerman gave Vasi a chance at a younger age in TB behind Bishop, and I think Husso has similar potential. I do think we need to find the right goaltender coach for Husso...someone who connects with him. I have a feeling that Brodeur would appreciate Husso's style.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Husso let 5 goals against Dallas AHL team. Auch. Don't know where there any softies and how Husso played overally, but letting 5 goals isn't normal for Husso.

TheAHL.com

Maybe @Jessica and @cgf could give inside of that game?

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
There weren’t any super softies but he certainly let in ones he’s usually saving. It was a back to back for him for what that’s worth. The rampage defense just left him to dry quite a bit

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Yeah only one I thought he misread was the 2nd on that inside his blocker arm. The 2 that came off rebounds where he was falling down trying to cover it will just come with experience.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Another win for Husso. TheAHL.com

Husso's stats loosk going up when season has progressed.

Ville Husso

Really happy for him he has find his form and getting better in NA rink. Next season he'll get all attention and maybe even get change to play NHL level. I don't wouldn't it be even extra boost for him give one game in up NHL level this season, earned NHL debut.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I trasfer these post in to correct thread.

44 shot shutout for some Finnish goalie that plays in San Antonio. All while playing a back to back. Just watch his highlights, he moves around so little yet remains in position.

Friday night game highlights.

Saturday night game highlights have not been posted yet.

Here is Husso highlights from his shutout.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Good read, thanks for sharing Ranksu.

Did you notice the part where Ville said that looking back, playing in the ECHL was a really good thing for him and he learned a lot? ;)
No I didn't notice it or do you mean that beer league? Husso can be somethimes delusional in his interviews. We'll stick on that Blues as organization sucks, goaltender coaching stuff sucks, Allen sucks, Berglund sucks and and we finns are great. Down the earth people.

Reactions: stl76

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Did you notice the part where Ville said that looking back, playing in the ECHL was a really good thing for him and he learned a lot? ;)

I haven’t read the article yet but the irony of that excerpt is golden.

carter333167

Apr 24, 2013
From the article:

Rampage head coach Eric Veilleux has been splitting goaltending duties between Husso and Colorado Avalanche prospect Spencer Martin. While the tandem has been deployed evenly, Veilleux noted Husso has been particularly impressive in 2018.

"Good worker, great kid, very technical," Veilleux said. "Professional, on and off the ice. It's been great. He's definitely on his way to the NHL, I think."

One of Husso's best attributes, according to his coach, is his on-ice persona.

"You can easily see that he's calm when he plays, focused on what he has to do, and believes in his style. He keeps everybody calm when he plays."

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
From the article:

Rampage head coach Eric Veilleux has been splitting goaltending duties between Husso and Colorado Avalanche prospect Spencer Martin. While the tandem has been deployed evenly, Veilleux noted Husso has been particularly impressive in 2018.

"Good worker, great kid, very technical," Veilleux said. "Professional, on and off the ice. It's been great. He's definitely on his way to the NHL, I think."

One of Husso's best attributes, according to his coach, is his on-ice persona.

"You can easily see that he's calm when he plays, focused on what he has to do, and believes in his style. He keeps everybody calm when he plays."
Couple post above. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->