Viktor's 2018 NHL Mock Draft (September)

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
Ignore the standings, and I'm not basing the selections based on team needs

1. DET- Rasmus Dahlin D Frolunda HC (SHL)
2. COL- Andrei Svechikov RW Barrie Colts (OHL)
3. VAN- Joe Veleno C Saint John Sea Dogs (QMJHL)
4. VGK- Jared McIsaac D Halifax Moose Heads (QMJHL)
5. LAK- Filip Zadina LW Halifax Moose Heads (QMJHL)
6. NJD- Ty Smith D Spokane Chiefs (WHL)
7. FLA- Brady Tkachuk C Boston Univ. (NCAA)
8. MIN- Bode Wilde D USNTDP Juniors (USHL)
9. BUF- Ryan Merkley D Guelph Storm (OHL)
10. MTL- Adam Boqvist D Brynas J20 (Super Elit.)
11. NYI- Benoit-Olivier Groulx C Halifax Moose Heads (QMJHL)
12. SJS- Jett Woo D Moose Jaw Warriors (WHL)
13. ARZ- Joel Farabee LW USNTDP Juniors (USHL)
14. BOS- Akil Thomas C Niagara IceDogs (OHL)
15. NYR- Oliver Wahlstrom C USNTDP Juniors (USHL)
16. CHI- Quinton Hughes USNTDP Juniors (USHL)
17. PHI- Jack McBain C Toronto Jr. Canadiens (OJHL)
18. CAR- Anderson MacDonald LW Moncton Wildcats (QMJHL)
19. WSH- Alexander Khovanov C Irbis Kazan (MHL)
20. STL- Mattias Samuelsson D USNTDP Juniors (USHL)
21. OTT- Jesperi Kotkaniemi C Ässät (Liiga)
22. WPG- Alexis Gravel G Halifax MooseHeads (QMJHL)
23. ANA- K'Andre Miller D USNTDP Juniors (USHL)
24. TBL- Jakub Skarek G HC Dukla Jihlava (Czech.)
25. NSH- Ryan McLeod C Mississauga Steelheads (OHL)
26. EDM- Vladislav Kotkov LW Chicoutimi Sagueneens (QMJHL)
27. CBJ- Isac Lundstrom C Lulea HF (SHL)
28. TOR- Evan Bouchard D London Knights (OHL)
29. (CGY) NYI- Rasmus Kupari C Karpat (Liiga)
30. DAL- Ty Dellandrea C Flint Firebirds (OHL)
31. PIT- Jake Wise C USNTDP Juniors (USHL)

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
It's still August :sarcasm:

Hughes, Kupari, Wise, McLeod way too low.

Overall I am not a fan of this ranking, and I agree about Hughes, guy should be top 10. The other three players are ranked right where they should be though. I don't really understand where this Kupari hype is getting from, he hasn't done anything to warrant a top 15 or so position. Late first. Same with Wise, who's living from his hype years ago. McLeod scored whooping 14 goals in 88 games last year, that's terrible for a top prospect.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Overall I am not a fan of this ranking, and I agree about Hughes, guy should be top 10. The other three players are ranked right where they should be though. I don't really understand where this Kupari hype is getting from, he hasn't done anything to warrant a top 15 or so position. Late first. Same with Wise, who's living from his hype years ago. McLeod scored whooping 14 goals in 88 games last year, that's terrible for a top prospect.

McLeod is mostly a playmaker and distributor. He had 48 assists in those games.

Kupari has looked everywhere in all the games I've seen him play. Very well rounded high end player, will be shocked if he isn't top 15 or even 10 by the end of the year.

Wise isn't a Top 5 spec any more but he defientely isn't 31st.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland

The same thing could ask for Zadina.
Whoever SM liiga / A junior sm liiga regular can score 18 points in 20 games and would not even make it strict

So what Zadina has done to deserve TOP15 selection next June?

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
McLeod is mostly a playmaker and distributor. He had 48 assists in those games.

Kupari has looked everywhere in all the games I've seen him play. Very well rounded high end player, will be shocked if he isn't top 15 or even 10 by the end of the year.

Wise isn't a Top 5 spec any more but he defientely isn't 31st.

If you can't score goals against juniors, how are you gonna score in the NHL/AHL?
I find both Kupari and Wise to have more hype than they should have, not much else to say here.

The same thing could ask for Zadina.
Whoever SM liiga / A junior sm liiga regular can score 18 points in 20 games and would not even make it strict

So what Zadina has done to deserve TOP15 selection next June?

Nice international "revenge" here bud, I down played Kupari so you better down play Zadina. :sarcasm: lol
I don't really even know what the second sentence means, but assuming you point the low scoring by Zadina in the U20 league - yes, his stats sucked considering how dominant he should be there. Overall club-wise he didn't have good season, his team was awful, but internationally he had a better season than pretty much anyone else, scoring 20 goals in 22 games. Dragged Czechs to the gold at Ivan Hlinka Memorial, was the best player at majority (if not all) of the U18 tournaments and he was one of the few Czechs that actually delivered in very lackluster performace by the CZE at the U18 WJC. If that's not top 15 worthy in some preliminary rankings, I don't really know what is.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
If you can't score goals against juniors, how are you gonna score in the NHL/AHL?
I find both Kupari and Wise to have more hype than they should have, not much else to say here.

Nice international "revenge" here bud, I down played Kupari so you better down play Zadina. :sarcasm: lol
I don't really even know what the second sentence means, but assuming you point the low scoring by Zadina in the U20 league - yes, his stats sucked considering how dominant he should be there. Overall club-wise he didn't have good season, his team was awful, but internationally he had a better season than pretty much anyone else, scoring 20 goals in 22 games. Dragged Czechs to the gold at Ivan Hlinka Memorial, was the best player at majority (if not all) of the U18 tournaments and he was one of the few Czechs that actually delivered in very lackluster performace by the CZE at the U18 WJC. If that's not top 15 worthy in some preliminary rankings, I don't really know what is.
What do you mean they "have more hype then they should"? My point is they don't get hype especially from this guy.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
Evan Bouchard would have to be considered a likely candidate for toronto's pick. A 6'2" RHD playing for London, as long as his skating and hockey iq are good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad