Viktor's 2018 NHL Mock Draft (November)

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
Yes ik it's not November yet, but I made my updated list already, and I'm very impatient. So here's my newest mock draft, and now they are based on team needs :) Standings are based on the date 10/26/17

1. ARZ- Rasmus Dahlin D Frolunda HC (SHL)
An easy choice for any team that has the 1st overall selection, and if they Coyotes can get their hands on a possible franchise defender they'll have another piece of their long rebuilding stage.

2. MTL- Andrei Svechikov RW Barrie Colts (OHL)
Montreal is in need of a center, but I wouldn't pass up on Svechikov. Hes a pure sniper, and could end up being a 30+ goal scorer in the NHL.

3. EDM- Adam Boqvist D Brynas IF J20 (Super elit.)
Edmonton has an average defense IMO, and I don't think they'll end up with this pick once the season is over, but if they can end up getting Boqvist, another possible elite defender in this draft that would be amazing for them in the future.

4. NYR- Ty Smith D Spokane Chiefs (WHL)
A solid defender who could end up turning into a very good two way defender. Rangers IMO need that future star defender more than forwards, especially after they added Andersson in the last draft.

5. FLA- Quinton Hughes D Univ. Of Michigan (NCAA)
Florida's defense is pretty bad, so this is a perfect season to suck once again. This draft is loaded with defenders so no matter what pick the Cats end up with they'll get a pretty good defender. Hughes IMO in the next best one, another solid defenseman who could end up as a elite defender.

6. MIN- Filip Zadina RW Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL)
7. CAR- Brady Tkachuk C Boston Univ. (NCAA)
8. BOS- Oliver Wahlstrom RW U.S National U18 Team (USHL)
9. BUF- Ryan Merkley D Guelph Storm (OHL)
10. SJ- Jesper Kotkaniemi LW Assat (Liiga)
11. WPG- Jared McIsaac D Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL)
12. DET- Jett Woo D Moose Jaw Warriors (WHL)
13. WSH- Joel Farabee LW U.S National U18 Team (USHL)
14. ANA- Joe Veleno C Saint John Sea Dogs (QMJHL)
15. (CGY) NYI- Rasmus Kupari C Karpat (Liiga)
16. NSH- Akil Thomas C Niagara Icedogs (OHL)
17. DAL- Bode Wilde D U.S National U18 Team (USHL)
18. COL- Mattias Samuelsson D U.S National U18 Team (USHL)
19. PHI- K'Andre Miller D U.S National U18 Team (USHL)
20. NYI- Evan Bouchard D London Knights (OHL)
21. VAN- Ty Dellandrea C Flint Firebirds (OHL)
22. CHI- Isac Lundstrom C Luleå HC (SHL)
23. OTT- Jack McBain C Toronto Jr. Canadians (OJHL)
24. CBJ- Grigori Denisenko LW Loko Yaroslavl (MHL)
25. NJ- Benoit-Olivier Groulx LW Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL)
26. TOR- Noah Dobson D Acadie-Bathurst Titan (QMJHL)
27. VGK- Ryan McLeod C Mississauga Steelheads (OHL)
28. PIT- Jacob Olofsson C Timra IK (Allsvenskan)
29. STL- Kirill Nizhnikov RW Barrie Colts (OHL)
30. LA- Jacob Pivonka C U.S National U18 Team (USHL)
31. TB- Riley Sutter RW Everett Silvertips (WHL)

Honorable Mentions

Xavier Bouchard D Baie-Comeau Drakkar (QMJHL)
Anderson MacDonald LW Moncton Wildcats (QMJHL)
Calen Addison Lethbridge Hurricanes (WHL)
Barrett Hayton C Ste. Sault Marie Greyhounds (OHL)
Alexander Zhaberyev C MHK Dynamo St. Petersburg (MHL)
Milos Romas C Vancouver Giants (WHL)
Serron Noel RW Oshawa Generals (OHL)

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Not bad from a mock draft perspective I guess. It doesn’t really mean much considering the standings will be completely different at the end of the year. If it was me I would stick with rankings until at least March/April.

As far as the Canucks pick goes, I love Dellandrea but McBain is way better if we were picking a center. We’ll probably opt for a winger considering we have some good center and defensive depth now. I would probably opt for Groulx or MacDonald.

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
I know Leafs need dmen but can we have Hayton or McLeod instead. We have virtually no centre depth.

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
I think in that situation the Devils would pick McLeod. They picked his best buddy in Bastian with their next pick after McLeod in 2016, you coul see why they may bring in the other McLeod if possible too

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
I hate how the BPA is a winger at #2 as a Habs fan. Atleast it's not a goalie.

Same here but you have no choice here and it would be a terrible mistake to skip on Svechikov to draft a positional need. Dahlin would a blessing for the Habs but if we dont have the no.1 pick, then we have to go BPA especially at no.2 since Svechikov is a notch above all the other D's and C's available in this draft.

as for the mock, its too early to say but Im suprised on how high you have Ty Smith and how low you have Veleno. Also, I dont think Tkachuk will make it out of the top 5

Keep up the good work

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Tank for Boqvist \o/

he is exactly the player the Oilers should take instead of yet another forward. though i think by the end of the season they will likely be picking around #10 and will still probably have a shot a d-man Jett Woo or scoring forward Joel Farabee.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Rangers take Tkachuk if it breaks like that (although they should take Zadina or Hughes)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad